The Young Professionals Program is an initiative of the African Development Bank. It is a three year leadership opportunity for the development of Bank’s future leaders. The African Development Bank Young Professionals Program is open to all young African professionals who are ready to make a big difference. It also seeks to offer highly qualified and motivated professionals from member countries for productive and rewarding career path in development. Are you in? Then, Apply African Development Bank Young Professionals Program.
Through the Apply African Development Bank Young Professionals Program, the Bank ensures continuity and excellence in both the management of its work programs and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries. So, Do you have passion and commitment to development of Africa? Outstanding academic and professional achievements? A commitment to engage in crucial issues in Africa’s development? Do you wish to make a difference, be part of something bigger than yourself and explore your leadership potential? This is your chance for a change.
Apply African Development Bank Young Professionals Program
How to Apply
All applications are done online. Please note the following:
- Applicants with dual nationality are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare.
- Successful candidates from the selection process will be appointed YPs under their declared nationalities for the duration of the Program and any continuing contract with the Bank.
- Log onto http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3780926/Young-Professionals-Program and fill the application form and submit.
- Be a citizen of a regional or non-regional AfDB member country
- Be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December, 2017
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials
- Have at least 3 years work experience in the areas related to our high priority areas (Hi-5s).
- Demonstrable on-the-ground/hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries
- Have passion for Africa’s Development
- Demonstrate strengths in leadership including leading others
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others
- Effectively work in teams with adaptability to a diverse environment
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results-orientation and problem-solving capability
- Business Acumen and innovation mindset.
- Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
- Have skills that enable you work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and travel to undertake country assignments.
AfDB YPP Application Deadlines
- Opening date: 21 August 2017
- Closing date: 11 September 2017
Make use of this opportunity and Apply African Development Bank Young Professionals Program – AfDB YPP Application Form today.