President Mohammadu Buhari on Wednesday appointed Professor Mahmood Yakubu as the new chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
The Council of States has confirmed Professor Mahmud Yakubu as the new Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Apart from the confirmation of the new appointed INEC chairman, the Council also approved the appointment of five new national commissioners for the electoral body.
- Amina Zakari – northwest;
- Anthonia Okoosi-Simbine – north central
- Baba Shettima Arfo – northeast.
- Soyebi Adedeji Solomon – southwest and
- Mohammed Mustafa Lecky from the South-South.