As you must have already known, the WAEC 2016/2017 results are online. Many have already checked and many will still check. In this tutorial, we will show you how to check WAEC results online at the WAEC website: www.waecdirect.org. The steps are very simple and are detailed to ensure you do not make any mistake while checking the result online. It is therefore expected you check your results without any challenge.
As a reminder, the West African Examination Council (WAEC) is an exam sat by Senior Secondary School students (SS2 and or SS3). It is the result that qualifies them as Secondary school graduates while also giving them platform to seek for tertiary admission into the higher and tertiary institutions. As the name implies, this exam is taken in West African countries such as Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone Senegal and Gambia.
- Log onto https://www.waecdirect.org/
- In the top left, you will see where to input your exam details.
- Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number.
(This is your 7-Digit centre number followed by your 3-digit candidate number eg. 4123456789)
- Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year eg. 2002
- Select the Type of Examination
- Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
- Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card
- Click Submit and wait for the results window to come up
How To check WAEC Results Using SMS
To check WAEC Results using SMS, here are the steps to follow below:
- Send SMS in the format below: WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear
To short-code 32327 (MTN, Celtel & Glo subscribers). For example -: WAEC*4250101001*123456789012*2007.
- Note: Ensure you adhere strictly to the format above. There should be no space in the message.
- Wait for your result to be delivered to your phone via SMS. (SMS Cost N30 Only)
Have Problem Checking your Result?
If you encounter any problem while checking your result, kindly send the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification and assistance
- Error message displayed
- Your examination number
- Type of Exam
- Year of Exam.
Can I Use My Scratch Card To Check More Than One Result?
No! You may only use one Scratch card to check one result. To check another result of interest, you will require a new Scratch card. If you misuse a Scratch card by attempting to check another result different from the first one checked, you will be penalised as having used the card, and will be presented with the appropriate error message.
Note: The same process can be used by the West African countries. However, the SMS format is exclusively Nigerian.
If you have any question, we would love to attend to them here, as usual.