The application for the Facebook Fellowship Job Recruitment Program is ongoing. This application is open for everyone who is qualified and is interested to apply. The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Awards are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
The application for the Facebook Fellowship Job Recruitment Program has commenced from September 1st, 2017. Therefore, while open to students in any year of PhD study, a heavy emphasis on research and publication record for Facebook Fellowships favor students who are further along in their course of study.
Facebook Fellowship Job Recruitment Program – Apply Here
To apply for the Facebook Fellowship Job Recruitment Program, here is what you will do.
- Log onto the application website: https://web.facebook.com/careers/program/fellowship/apply/.
- Fill in the form.
- After application, click on “submit”.
- Note, you can save the application and continue later if all you need is not available. In that case, click on “save”.
Please Note: Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research.
- Students work must be related to one or more of the outlined research areas
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) that the Fellowship is awarded.
- The Fellowship Program is open to PhD students globally who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country.
- Students applying for an Emerging Scholar award must be in their first or second year of study AND identify as a member of one or more of the following groups:
- Black or African American
- Hispanic or Latino
- Native American or Alaskan Native
- Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
Applications open on Friday, September 1, 2017 at 12:00am PST.
Completed applications are due by Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 6:00pm PST.
(Applications may be saved and edited up until application deadline)
Required application materials:
- A) Research Summary 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research. Please reference the research areas.
- B) Resume or CV (with email, phone and mailing address). Please include applicable coursework.
- C) Two letters of recommendation (Please provide their email addresses): (a)Advisor and (b)Professional reference (can be from academia or industry).
Each Fellow will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years).
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year).
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
We are accepting applications from PhD students with research in one of the following areas:
- Computational Social Science
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Computer Vision
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Research Outside of the Above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
So, the time waits for no one. Any question on the Facebook Fellowship Job Recruitment Program will be attended to. Kindly use the comment box.