Golf game is a very interesting, brain and calculative game to engage in. The Golf Rule-book is is published every four years by the governing bodies of golf (R&A/USGA) to define how the game is to be played.
Unlike soccer, basket-ball, and other games, Golf Club game has its different rule which was are jointly written and administered by the R&A (spun off from The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews) the governing body of golf worldwide except in the United States and Mexico, which are the responsibility of the United States Golf Association (USGA).
The Golf’s Rule comprise of a standard set of guidelines and procedures by which the sport of golf should be played and recommend penalties for rule infractions.
Here are List of Golf’s Rule – You Should Know About First:
- You must Tee your Ball, within a Club’s length of the Hole.
- Your Tee must be upon the Ground.
- You are not to change the Ball which you Strike off the Tee.
- You are not to remove Stones, Bones or any Break Club, for the sake of playing your Ball, Except upon the fair Green, & that only within a Club’s length of your Ball.
- If your Ball come among Water, or any wattery filth, you are at liberty to take out your Ball & bringing it behind the hazard and Teeing it, you may play it with any Club and allow your Adversary a Stroke for so getting out your Ball.
- If your Balls be found any where touching one another, You are to lift the first Ball, till you play the last.
- At Holling, you are to play your Ball honestly for the Hole, and, not to play upon your Adversary’s Ball, not lying in your way to the Hole.
- If you should lose your Ball, by its being taken up, or any other way, you are to go back to the Spot, where you struck last, & drop another Ball, And allow your adversary a Stroke for the misfortune.
- No man at Holling his Ball, is to be allowed, to mark his way to the Hole with his Club or any thing else.
- If a Ball be stopped by any person, Horse, Dog, or any thing else, The Ball so stopped must be played where it lyes.
- If you draw your Club in order to Strike & proceed so far in the Stroke, as to be bringing down your Club; If then, your Club shall break, in any way, it is to be Accounted a Stroke.
- He whose Ball lyes farthest from the Hole is obliged to play first.
- Neither Trench, Ditch or Dyke, made for the preservation of the Links, nor the Scholar’s Holes or the Soldier’s Lines, shall be accounted a Hazard; But the Ball is to be taken out Teed and played with any Iron Club.
Description of Golf Kits
I think for beginner its also important to know and see how the Golf Kits looks like and also know the functions. I think when talking about sports kit, Golf has one of the most expensive kits, of which some small players find it difficult to get the complete kit for them self.
In the next page we shall be talking on the topic : Golf Glossary and Golf Terminologies.