Islamic state video purports to release beheading of British

Islamic state video purports to release beheading of British

Islamic state video purports to release beheading of British

An image grab taken from a video released by the Islamic State and identified by private terrorism monitor SITE Intelligence Group on September 2, 2014 purportedly shows footage of a masked militant with British David Haines (AFP Photo/)

Islamic State extremists released a video showing the beheading of British aid worker David Haines, who was abducted in Syria last year, and British Prime Minister David Cameron late Saturday condemned his slaying as “an act of pure evil.”

Cameron confirmed Haines’ death in a statement after the British Foreign Office had said earlier that it was “working urgently to verify the video.” Haines is the third Westerner beheaded in recent weeks by the Islamic State group, which has seized vast swaths of territory in Syria and Iraq.

“This is a despicable and appalling murder of an innocent aid worker. It is an act of pure evil,” Cameron said, adding that “my heart goes out to the family of David Haines who have shown extraordinary courage and fortitude throughout this ordeal.”

 

At the end of the video showing the beheading of Sotloff, the Islamic State group threatened to kill Haines next and briefly showed him on camera.

President Barack Obama issued a statement strongly condemning “the barbaric murder” of Haines by the Islamic State terrorist group.

 

Add Comment

Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published.