The Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation recently released list of music track banned, reporting that this Banned Music Collection will no longer be played on Radio and TV stations across the country.
The government parastatal responsible for regulating the broadcast industry here has placed the NTBB label on at least 18 popular songs. Established on August 24, 1992, the NBC derives its powers from Act 38 of 1992 and Act 55 of 1999 as amended.
Reasons Why NBC Banned this list of Music Collection includes:
- vulgar lyrics,
- obscene video,
- video depicting violence among others
List of Music Tracks Banned by NBC in 2015 from featuring on Radio and TV stations are as follows:
- Wizkid‘s In My Bed,
- Fans Mi by Davido (featuring American rapper Meek Mill),
- Olamide‘s Shakiti Bobo and Iyanya‘s collaboration with Don Jazzy, Gift.
- Tony Montana by Naeto C featuring D’banj, Oyari (Dr Sid and Tiwa Savage), Gbese (Lil Kesh), Ibadi (May D), Tesojue (Reminisce), Yayo (Phyno), Lomo (Jhybo) and Pre‘s The Girl.
Foreign Songs Banned by NBC in 2015 are:
- Nicki Minaj‘s Anaconda,
- Post to be by Omarion featuring Chris Brown and Jhene Aiko
- Ace Hood’s collaboration with Rick Ross titled Bugatti.
But I want us all to think and contribute about this track banned by NBC because most of the banned songs are already big hits, and will continue to get played in night clubs, and on websites across the world. They will also remain on cable platforms like Hip TV, MTV Base and Soundcity.
SO do you think their effort in banding this tracks will work??? use the comment box below to express your self!