Application for National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) Scholarship Scheme 2017/2018 has commenced. Interested candidates can apply to be among the lucky ones that would be selected for the scholarship. We are here to guide you and outline the requirements as well as the processes of application. So, read on.
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) Scholarship Scheme 2017/2018 aims at promoting proficiency in Information Technology at Doctorate and Masters Levels. The Scholarships are targeted at 2 persons per State of the Federal on including the FCT at masters’ level and 1 person per geo-political zone of the country at doctorate level. This will enhance human capacity building in core areas of Information Technology across Nigeria.
National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) Scholarship Scheme 2017/2018
- The sponsorship for the Masters programme will run for one year and the Doctorate programme for three years.
- The scholarship award is strictly based on merit and is evenly distributed between the six geo-political zones for the PhD, 36 States and FCT for MSc.
- PhD: Only University and Polytechnic Lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.
- MSc: Holders of First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelor’s degree, in Information Technology related field and Law.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2017.
How To Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should click on http://scholarship.nitda.gov.ng/Registration
- There are three options: Ph.D for IT Courses. M.Sc For IT Courses and Law for IT Courses. Click on anyone you fall under to apply.
- Follow the link and submit your application online.
- A comprehensive Aptitude Test(s) will be conducted to determine successful candidates for the Award.
- Only candidates who are found eligible will be Shortlisted.
- Furthermore, there will be interview (which includes supplementary test, verification of credentials & character evaluation) for best performing candidates.
- The Agency places an advert in two National dailies.
- The Agency opens the portal (scholarship.nitda.gov.ng) for application, which will be open for 6 weeks from the date of advent.
- Qualified applicants are shortlisted to write an aptitude test and contacted via email and SMS.
- Successful applicants are notified through email and SMS.
- Verification of original certificates and oral interview of successful applicants.
- Release of award letters to successful candidates.
Good luck as you apply for National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) Scholarship Scheme 2017/2018. If you have any question, shall attend to them in the comment box below. Thank you.