In the midst of biting economic hardship, the Nigerian Government Launches Information App: FGN IAPP. The FGN IAPP stands for Federal Government of Nigeria Information App. The FGN IAPP was launched to give Nigerians authentic and real-time information anywhere around the world. This took place on 15th December by the Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed.
While speaking as the Nigerian Government Launches Information App: FGN IAPP, Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed gave the reasons for the launching of the app. He said that “The Federal government will not allow the media space to be dominated by those who are daily working to discredit the federal government and obfuscate its achievements.”
Functions of The FGN IAPP
- The FGN IAPP will be useful in disseminating information to Nigerians and non-Nigerians on government activities.
- It gives access to the Tender Journal Published twice a month to announce available government jobs.
- It allows more people opportunities to access government jobs, notwithstanding where they are.
- There is a feedback section that allows users to give feedback to the government concerning issues concerning the nation.
- There is a “Be Inspired” section also. This allows Nigerians opportunities to meet with religious. Political and business leaders wherever they are.
- The app also gives update about jobs in the Public Service. Etc.
The FGN IAPP has several other columns that could be accessed by users. Some of these columns include Presidency, Town Hall Meetings, National Assembly, Ministries, Parastatals and Agencies, Economy, NNPC, Press Release, Federal Executive Council Resolutions etc.
It remains to be seen how this app will bridge the communication gap that has existed in this regime. It must be pointed out that this is a step in the right direction. What is not clear yet is why the app is not yet on Google Playstore and there was nothing said about it by the minister of information.
What have you got to say? Share with us your thoughts concerning this new development. Thank you.