The Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile Ife, is one of the most renown university in Nigeria and beyond. Yearly, hundreds and thousands of students apply to the university for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate studies. It is not surprising given the capacity and integrity of the university. In this discourse, we will give you the full list of Requirements For Obafemi Awolowo University Postgraduates Programmes Application.
Postgraduate education at Obafemi Awolowo University is administered by the Postgraduate College in accordance with academic policies established by the University’s senate and the Postgraduate College Board, a standing committee of Senate. Immediately below are the Requirements For Obafemi Awolowo University Postgraduates Programmes Application.
Requirements For Obafemi Awolowo University Postgraduates Programmes Application
- A general requirement for admission is a Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Letters, Philosophy or Science or an acceptable equivalent from an approved University.
- An academic standing of a minimum of second class lower division or a grade point average of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) is required for admission to Masters degrees: a second class upper division for MPhil: and an MPhil or Master’s degree with research thesis in appropriate field and at least 60% (B+) weighted average in the Masters coursework for admission to Doctorate degree.
Postgraduate Programmes Available In Obafemi Awolowo University
The available programmes include
- Postgraduate Diplomas and Certificates
- Masters degrees
- Masters with coursework, long essays/reports – MSc, MA, LLM, MEd, MFA & including Professional Masters – MSc, MA
- Also, Masters with coursework & research thesis – MSc, MA
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) with coursework & research thesis
- Doctorate (Ph.D)
How and When to Apply
Application for admission must be completed on the online forms supplied by the University, which may be obtained from the PG College website. Requests for application are advertised by the University about June every year. Admission is conducted once (Harmattan semester) every year to the Humanity- based disciplines and twice to the Sciences.
A student may be disqualified by Senate as a result of any of the following:
- Non- registration for 2 or more consecutive semesters
- Unsatisfactory academic progress
- A weighted semester coursework average grade less than B (50%)
- Failure (grade less than 45%) in more than two courses in any semester
- Failure in any repeated course irrespective of weighted grade average
- Exceeding the duration or approved extended duration of study
- Concurrent enrollment for more than one postgraduate programme in the University
Financial Assistance To Students
Several types of financial assistance are available to outstanding students. These include postgraduate fellowships, doctoral research grants and inducement allowance to all academic members of staff undergoing postgraduate training.
Also See: Apply For Unilag Postgraduates Studies
Other Graduate Support Facilities On Campus
- University Library
- Central Science Laboratory
- The Health Center
- University Bokshop
- National Center for Technology Management (NACETEM)
- Center for Energy Research & Development (CERD)
- Regional Center for Training in Aerospace Surveys (RECTAS)
- African Regional Center for Space Science and Technology Education
Keep a date; we will update you as soon as the admission application starts. You can also drop your email in the comment box below. Thank you.