There are things one can possibly do by him self, is just that we do over-look some common things. Of which if you engage your time in it, you will make a cool cash. Here am going to show you (in text), steps in Making Pair Of Slippers.
All you have to do is follow the steps below:
Steps in Making Pair Of Leather Slippers
STAGE 1; PATTERN CUTTING OF YOUR DESIGN
- Determine the design or style you intend to make
- Determine the length and breath of the straps of your design
- Interprete your measurements on a cardboard in form of o sketch
- Trim the sketch out with a set of scissors
- The trimmed sketch becomes the pattern of your design
STAGE 2; CUTTING OF FABRIC OR/AND LEATHER
• Place the pattern created in STAGE 1 on the desired material intended to use for your slippers
• Mark the pattern clearly enough on the desired material with a pen
• Cut the marked material with a set of scissors
STAGE 3; LASTING THE UPPER MATERIALS
• Attach the Birkenstock insole to the last with the use of tack nails
• Put the cut materials in STAGE 2 together, attach it with gum to the base of the Birkenstock sole
• Ensure the pieces of materials on the last aligns and lays properly.
STAGE 4; FINISHING
• Mark the size and the shape of the Birkenstock insole on the maco sole
• Cut the maco sole
Use sandpaper to sand away rough edges of the maco sole
• Use sandpaper to sand away excess upper materials under the insole
• Apply gum evenly on the part of the maco sole that will be attached to the base of the insole
• Repeat same on the base of insole
• Leave for a while to dry but not completely
• Stick the base of insole and maco sole gently and carefully so as to align well with each other.
• Hit the base well with hammer for proper and solid grip
• Clean off spill over gum on the slippers and polish neatly
If you have any question or contribution, use the comment box below.