Another engaging English Premier League season with so much Love sharing, coming together, augments, betting, losing winning and celebrating. As the 2016/17 EPL season kicks off today, there are questions that would be answered come May, 2017. Below are just 10 of them:
TOP 10 QUESTIONS FOR THE 2016/17 EPL SEASON
- Can Leicester City retain the title? Leicester City winning the league was considered a footballing miracle. But, that’s in the past now. Can Ranieri lead his troops again and repeat the “miracle”? With Kante being the only major departure, Leicester still has the spine of the team. Can they manage the demands of the UCL and go again?
- Who would be king of Manchester: The rivalry between the two Manchester clubs has already been fuelled with the capture of Jose and Pep as the managers of the 2 teams. Will Pep and his troops reign or would Mourinho led man united all the way?
- Who will win the title? This season is already considered the toughest even without a ball being kicked. With the two Manchester clubs, and Chelsea among the teams with a new coach, add to arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, and even Leicester; who would be more consistent to triumph?
- Can Chelsea and Hazard recover form? The last season was one to forget for Chelsea and Hazard who were terribly woeful in their title defence. Can Conte wave a magic wand and revive the team?
- Can Pep cope? The EPL is regarded as the toughest of leagues while Pep is arguably, the most creative coach. Can he navigate and adapt to the league and sweep trophies in his wake or would this be a step to far foe him?
- Will this be the season for arsenal? Arsenal has a settled squad and an unchanged coach. Would it be an advantage for them over the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United and City who have all undergone changes in coaching and playing staff? Would Wenger’s experience count this time around?
- Who would win the golden boot? Can harry Kane retain his golden boot or would the likes of Giroud, Aguero, Costa, Ibrahimovic, Lukaku etc wrestle it away from him?
- Who would be the signing of the season? Ngolo Kante was widely regarded as the best signing of last season. Can he claim it again at Chelsea? Would any of man United’s Ibrahimovic, Bailly, Pogba, Mkhitaryan or Arsenal’s Xhaka, or City’s Gundogan, Leroy sane, Nolito, or Liverpool’s Wijnaldum, Mane, Klavan, or Leicester’s Musa, Gray etc? Who would it be?
- Who will be relegated? Can Burnley, Middlesbrough, Hull City cope with the demands of the EPL? Can Bournemouth, WestBrom, Sunderland retain their topflight status?
- How would Spurs fare? Can Tottenham come back stronger this season? Would the disappointment of last season serve as a catalyst to as sustained title assault this season? Has Pochettino learnt his lesson?