How to back up and restore Whatsapp chats has always been a challenge many Whatsapp users face from time to time. Many times, people lose their phones for whatever reason. But, losing your phone does not mean you should lose your Whatsapp chats. It is also one thing to secure your chats; it is another thing to have them when you need them. In this tutorial, we will show you how to back up and restore whatsapp chats without stress.
Apart from losing your phone to whatever cause, you could likely want to change your phone entirely. You are covered. At other times, you simply want to delete Whatsapp from your phone for some few days. Whether you belong to the former or later options, you really need to know how to back up and restore Whatsapp chats. And, that is what we will show you right away.
How To Back Up And Restore Whatsapp Chats
The processes of backing up and restoring your chats are two different things. So, for easy comprehension, we will treat them separately.
How To Backup Your Chats
- Log into your Whatsapp account
- Click on settings
- Click on Chats
- Next, click on Chat Back Up.
- Afterwards, you select “Back up now”.
- Allow it till the process is completed.
Must Read: How To do Whatsapp Video Calling
How To Restore your Whatsapp Messages
After you have already backed up your Whatsapp chats and you want to restore it in the phone, here are the processes to follow. If you still want to restore it in a different phone, the processes are still the same.
- Install the Whatsapp in the new phone.
- Confirm your phone number. This has to be the same number you used in your previous phone.
- After the confirmation, an option will come up whether you want to restore your previous chats and messages, accept it.
- Then allow the restoration processes to complete.
- All your backed-up messages will now be restored to your new phone.
Note: After restoring your chats, it is advisable you go to the new phone’s Whatsapp setting and enable the “Auto-Backup” option. This will ensure your chats are backed up automatically.
You can also select how frequently Whatsapp automatically backs up your chats. Whatsapp has daily, weekly and monthly options. The choice is yours to make.
Also Read: How To Download And Use Whatsapp On A PC
Now you have known how to back up and restore whatsapp chats, you won’t have to be taken unawares again. Your previous chats are secured. So, do someone a favour by sharing this post so they can also know what you know. Moreover, no one cares to know what you know until you show how you care.