We are presenting to you the Winners of MAMA 2015 Africa Award which took place in South Africa for award ceremony on Friday, July 17, 2015. Some of the stars who were opportune to attended the MAMA press conference at the Durban PlayHouse talk about their expectations for the awards.
In the event are high class and well known personals who were also present , listing them includes; Senior Vice President, Viacom Africa, Alex Okosi, Dbanj, PSquare, Seyi Shay, Yemi ALade, Toofan, StoneBwoy, K.O, Kulichana among many others.
Here Are List of 2015 MTV AFRICA MUSIC AWARD WINNERS
- D’Banj Wins the 2015 MAMA Evolution Award
Singer-songwriter, harmonica player, and businessman, Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo (D’Banj) has won the maiden MAMA Evolution, beating 2face, Asa among others.
The category of award was actually introduced this year called “MAMA Evolution”.
This category is meant for established artistes who have made a huge impact on the African music scene, taken African music to new heights around the world and pushed the boundaries of creativity. The winner for this category will be jointly decided by MTV Base and online voting via Twitter and Instagram.
- Patoranking wins Best New Act
Patoranking wins Best New Act – Reggae act and Alubarika crooner, Patoranking has won the Best New Act at the ongoing MAMA 2015 in South Africa.
- Best Female: Yemi Alade (Nigeria)
- Best Male: Davido (Nigeria)
- Best Group: P-Square (Nigeria)
- Best Hip Hop: Cassper Nyovest (South Africa)
- Best Collaboration: AKA, Burna Boy, Da LES & JR: “All Eyes On Me” (SA/Nigeria)
- Song of the Year: Mavins: “Dorobucci” (Nigeria)
- Best Live: Diamond Platnumz (Tanzania)
- Video of the Year: “Nafukwa” – Riky Rick; Director: Adriaan Louw
- Best Pop & Alternative: Jeremy Loops (South Africa)
- Best Francophone: DJ Arafat (Ivory Coast)
- Best Lusophone: Ary (Angola)
- Personality of the Year: Trevor Noah (South Africa)
- MAMA Evolution: D’Banj (Nigeria)
- Best International: Nicki Minaj
- Artist of the Decade: P-Square
- MTV Base Leadership Award: Saran Kaba Jones & S’Bu Mavundla