Almost everyone uses YouTube on a daily basis. I do. There are some videos you just watch and close the app, but there are some you want to download straight into your device so you can watch them offline at any time, any day. I want to share with you the two ways I use to download YouTube videos on android for free. Read on.
Officially, there is only one way to download YouTube videos for offline viewing. That is only through the YouTube premium subscription. This premium version costs a whopping $11.99 monthly. If you can afford that, go ahead. But, here are two other very effective ways to download youtube videos offline.
How To Download YouTube Videos On Android
The two methods you can use to download youtube videos on android for offline viewing are
- Through YouTube Go app
- Using YouTube Video Downloader Apps
Using YouTube Go
YouTube Go is the lite version of the YouTube app. This app allows you to carry out many YouTube functions with different benefits. One of its unique benefits is that it helps you save Data. This app can also allow you to download YouTube videos into the app. However, you can watch these videos offline (without data and internet connection).
You can read our full review of the YouTube Go app here.
- Download the YouTube Go app.
- Then, install the app.
- Then, when done, open the app and search for the video you want to download.
- Tap on the video and you will see 3 different options
- Basic quality
- Standard quality, and
- High quality.
- Choose any quality you want. The download size varies depending on your choice.
- Then, you can either select to watch or download the video.
- Choose download and allow the video to be downloaded.
- Once this is done, you can switch off your data and watch this video offline at any time.
Using YouTube Video Downloader App
Another way to download youtube videos into your android phone is to use video downloaders. There are many of them, but Tubemate is the best of the rest so far. Here is your guide
- Download the Tubemate app online.
- Then, open the app and select YouTube.
- Then, search for the Video you want to download and tap on it.
- As the video is about to play, you will see a red download button by the side of the video.
- Click on this download arrow.
- Then, you will be asked to select how you want to download this video. Choose an option that appeals to you and the video will be downloaded straight into your phone.
Also See: Download YouTube Go For Android Free
I have given you the two easy ways I use to download YouTube videos on my android phone and watch them offline at any time I want. Use this guide and start enjoying your YouTube videos today.
Got questions? Ask!