Have you heard of the Google Online Marketing Challenge (GOMC)? Most likely, you have not heard. The Google Online Marketing Challenge is an initiative of Google. It is a unique opportunity for students to experience and create online marketing campaigns using Google AdWords. This competition has been on-going for the past 9 years. This 2017 edition promises a whole lot more. You cannot pass by this opportunity.
The Google Online Marketing Challenge is a global challenge open to four regions in the world: the Americas, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific. The competition is structured to allow students develop and run an online advertising campaign for a business or non-profit organization over a three week period. Another added aspect of this competition is that students also have the opportunity to participate in the optional AdWords Certification category by studying and passing the necessary exams to become an AdWords Certified individual in the Google Partners platform
Page Table of Contents
How To Apply For 2017 Google Online Marketing Challenge
To apply for the GOMC, the following steps must be adhered to.
- Registering for the Challenge: Interested students must register under a professor (who has also registered in the challenge), who will approve their registration.
- Accessing Dashboard. Once the professor has received a notification email and has verified the student team, the Team Captain can access the team’s Student Dashboard with the Google account used during the initial registration. Next, the Team Captain can add required information to the dashboard, including the name and email address of all team members, move onto identifying the team’s competition partner and preparing the AdWords Pre-Campaign Report.
- Selecting a Business. All teams, along with the support of their professors, need to identify a client business or a non-profit organization.
- Learning about AdWords and the Client: Each student team needs to meet with their business or non-profit partner to determine their goals and to devise their online advertising strategy. The strategy will need to be outlined in the AdWords Pre-Campaign Report.
- Application Deadline is October 5, 2016 – April 5, 2017.
The rest of the processes should be read and completed here: https://www.google.com/onlinechallenge/discover/index.html
Google Online Marketing Challenge Business Awards
There are four competition regions which are the Americas, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific. Therefore, there will be an overall Global Winner and one winner from each of the regions.
- Global Winner
The Global Winners and their professor will receive a seven-night trip to San Francisco. This will include one day at the Google Headquarters in Mountain View, California. They will meet with Googlers from the AdWords, University Programs and Marketing teams. The team will also receive digital devices, along with other prizes.
- Regional Winners
Regional Winners and their professor receive a two-night trip to a regional Google office. The teams will also receive digital devices, as well as other prizes.
Winning teams will also secure the following donations for their partners:
1st place – $15,000 donation to the non-profit partner
2nd place – $10,000 donation to the non-profit partner
3nd place – $5,000 donation to the non-profit partner
Also See: Google Adsense Account Sign Up
All Winners and their professors across all categories will be provided with a personalized certificate of appreciation noting their status as a Winner in the Competition. Also, Winners, Finalists, Semi-Finalists and Strong performers will also receive a personalized certificate of appreciation noting their status in the competition.
We at onlinedailys are here to guide you through and we keep updating you on related developments. Use the comment box below to share your thoughts with us. Thank you.