The Petroleum Technology Development Funds (PTDF) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas and in-country MSc and PhD Scholarships. Awards will be granted for studies in the 2017/2018 academic session in the United Kingdom , Germany, Brazil, France (through Campus France), Top Institutions in the United States of America as well as Federal Universities and Centres of Excellence in Nigeria. To know more about this, read 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas & Local) | How To Apply.
Application forms can be accessed online using an ATM (Interswitch, Master & Visa) card or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the 36 States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for a Computer Based Aptitude Test, in the case of MSc applicants, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD applicants (full time and Split-site) on dates to be announced later. Following the aptitude tests and interview, successful candidates will be selected and awarded the PTDF Scholarship.
CRITERIA FOR M.SC
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate
- Applicants must be computer literate
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO.
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age
CRITERIA FOR PhD
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience;
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate;
- Applicants must be computer literate;
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; (At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO); and
- Employment in the academics in reputable Nigerian Institution, teaching oil and gas related disciplines;
- A minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a minimum of merit as a second degree certificate in an oil and gas related discipline;
- Submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology relevance to the industry and mode of data collection;
- Possess a valid admission letter; and
- Must not be over 40 years of age
Documents To Scan And Attach To The Application Form
Applicants are advised to scan the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result;
- NYSC discharge certificate;
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results;
- 2 Recent Passport Photographs;
- Local Government Identification Letter;
- Masters’ Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only); and
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE POSSESSION OF A VALID UNIVERSITY ADMISSION LETTER IS COMPULSORY FOR LSS (UNDERGRADUATES, MSC & PHD) APPLICANTS.
- Recipients of other scholarship must not apply for the PTDF scholarship.
- Please note that the duration of the PhD award is limited to a maximum of thirty-six (36) months only.
- Applicants who already possess a master’s degree need not apply for M.Sc programme, but are qualified to apply for the PhD.
- The PTDF award will take effect from September 2017
- PhD applicants who would have already commenced their programmes are eligible to apply, however the PTDF award will be effective September 2017.
- Closing date for applications is 31 December 2016
To Apply, Click Here
Seize this opportunity to apply for this scholarship. Time waits for no man. You can use the comment box below for questions, comments and contributions regarding this 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas & Local) | How To Apply. Thanks for reading!