The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) is now accepting applications for the 2018 NHEF Scholars Program. All who are interested and meet up with the requirements can now apply. The Program provides Nigerian undergraduates with a range of opportunities designed to aid in career development. NHEF ultimate goal is to substantially increase the number of well-educated Nigerians assuming positions of leadership in society. Nigeria Higher Education Foundation expects their Scholars to be fully devoted to community service, philanthropy as well as making a lasting impact on society.
The NHEF provides talented undergraduates the opportunity to gain exposure to the corporate sector through leading companies in key industry areas in Nigeria. Our key industries include: Financial Services, Corporate Law, Engineering, Technology. Our Partner firms include: KPMG, Synergy Capital Managers, Kuramo Capital Management, African Capital Alliance (ACA), Verod Capital Management, Sankore Investments, Ikeyi & Arifayan Barrister and Solicitors, CardinalStone, Templars, Banwo & Ighodalo.
How To Apply 2018 NHEF Scholars Program
To apply for the 2018 NHEF sholars program, here is what to do.
- Visit the NHEF application portal.
- When it opens, fill the form and submit it.
- Completed applications and required documents must be submitted by May 31, 2018, before 11:59 p.m. (WAT).
- Only students enrolled in their penultimate year at an NHEF Partner University may apply.
- Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third-year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or fourth-year undergraduates of a 5-year degree program.
NOTE: NHEF will verify enrollment of each contestant with the University Registrar.
NHEF Partner Universities
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
- Bayero University Kano (BUK)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
NHEF Vision & Mission
To achieve our mission and vision, the NHEF seeks to:
- Assist Nigerian Universities to become self-sustaining by creating a culture of philanthropy within the partner university alumni community and friends of Nigeria living in the Diaspora.
- Facilitate fundraising training opportunities and play a leadership role in the development of policies and practices that enhance the fundraising and alumni enrichment capacities of our partner universities.
- Identify and develop linkages and strategic partnerships between Nigerian and foreign universities, Foundations, Corporations, government entities and qualified individuals.
- Develop and manage two-way exchange programs for students, professionals and faculty between US and Nigeria.
Nigeria Higher Education Foundation expects their Scholars to be fully devoted to community service, philanthropy as well as making a lasting impact on society.
If you are not listed in the Partner universities, you may be helping others by sharing this 2018 NHEF Scholars Program.