This is to inform the general public that the 2018 Shell Petroleum Scholarship For Nigerian Students application has commenced. The interested and qualified candidates can now apply and stand a chance of being selected as one of the successful candidates. In here, we will tell you more about the scholarship as well as giving you the requirements needed for application. Read on.
This 2018 Shell Petroleum Scholarship For Nigerian Students is the 8th year running now. For 7 years, 69 students have won the opportunity to study at top rated universities in the UK on an all-expenses paid scholarship. You too can be selected. For the academic year commencing September, 2018, SPDC in partnership with two universities in the UK-Imperial College London and the University of Leeds will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc studies. Awards will also be made to the University College, London.
All You Need to Know About The 2018 Shell Petroleum Scholarship For Nigerian Students
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions
Imperial College London
University College London
- MSc Chemical/Process Engineering
- MSc Mechanical Engineering (Rotating Equipment or Metallurgy)
- MSc Civil Engineering (Geotechnics)
University of Leeds
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Display sound intellectual ability and leadership potentials
- Meet the individual universities’ English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2018 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- Be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2018
- Be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified)
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree)
- Not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid to end December 2019
- Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the local Nigerian consultant
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigeria consultant.
2018 Shell Petroleum Scholarship For Nigerian Students – How To Applys
- Submit application for admission to any of the prospective universities for any of the above qualifying courses
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London and the University of Leeds respectively, following a formal offer of admission by the university (except the University College, London)
- Imperial College London and the University of Leeds respectively will process applications and select candidates to attend interview before being considered for final selection.
- For the University College, London Only, written e-mail applications will be made directly to the local Nigerian consultant at the mailbox: SPDC-NDPGemail@example.com , following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The local Nigerian consultant will send the application form to applicants by email and process returned applications, then select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than 30th April 2018.
Follow the links below to reach participating universities:
Application Deadline 30th April, 2018.
- The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
- More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the individual universities.
- The stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any of its affiliate companies is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.