Work and Study Programme in Nigeria is a weekend part-time studies programme designed to offer opportunities to talented, intelligent and qualified working adults in various fields of life endeavours to acquire university education without having to give up their jobs.
Under normal condition, the Work and Study Programme (WASP) in Nigeria fits mostly the married and the working-class people.
But the case is different not. those who apply for Work and Study Programme in Nigeria are those who;
- Could not gain admission through JAMB – Young boys and young girls
- those who their age is fast advanced , but still want to go through University in Nigeria
The Benefit of Entry University through Work and Study in Nigeria
As it is now, the only benefit is that;
- You do not need to write JAMB before getting admitted
- No post UTME exam
- Can be admitted through Direct Entry
- You can be working, learning hand-work or doing something meaning full with your time and at the same time to become a graduate one-day
- In the Certificate presented to you will not indicate that you went through “Work and Study Programme”
- Work and Study lectures are will scheduled during the weekends (Fridays, Saturdays and some institution Sundays)
- The programme offered in each department is the same as those of regular programme. The only difference is the mode of entrance, and mode of study.
The Disadvantages of Work and Study Programme in Nigeria are as follows;
- There is always an extra year added to each courses. For example, if a particular course is supose to be 4years of studies for full time student, it will be 5years of studies for Work and Study students.
- The School free is always higher when compare with full-time
- Most courses offered in full-time study is not available for Work and Study Programme
Does Work and Study Programme participate in NYSC in Nigeria?
Graduates of WASP DO NOT participate in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), rather they are issued with Exclusion Certificate from NYSC at the end of their programme.
Admission Requirements into Work And Study Programme In Nigeria
Admission into the Work and Study Programme (WASP) requires (5) 0’/L Credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language at Ordinary Level (SSCE, NECO, GCE &TC II, NABTEB, etc) for ALL courses while credit pass in Mathematics at Ordinary level is compulsory for all Science, Social Sciences (except Mass Communication), Management Science and Agricultural and Natural Resources Management based courses. The 0/L credit passes are to be obtained in not more than two (2) sittings.
I believe we have tried to let you understand full details about Work and Study Programm in Nigeria and whether Work and Study Programme participate in NYSC.
But if you have any more information or questions, kindly use the comment box below.