If you have obtained a Bank of America Credit card, the next process will be to activate the card before using. We will give you a detailed guide on how to activate Bank of America credit card easily. Every detail you will need is included here. Ensure you read till the end.
The Bank of America (BOfA) is the second-largest American multinational investment bank and financial services company based in Charlotte, North Carolina with central hubs in New York City, London, Hong Kong, and Toronto. The bank was formed in 1998 through the NationsBank’s acquisition of BankAmerica and has current total asset of $2,291 Billion.
It operates in all 50 states of America and has an impressive 4,600 banking
When you open a checking account at the bank, you will receive a Visa debit card, and you can apply for a Bank of America Visa credit card. As a bonus, you can choose to apply for a credit card that offers travel or other rewards. Before you can begin using your card, however, you’ll need to activate it. Fortunately, this process is quick and easy.
Before that, let’s see how to get your credit card easily.
Page Table of Contents
How To Apply Bank of America Credit Card
- Visit the American credit card portal: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards
- When it opens, you will see different types of credit cards. You can go through them to know the particular one you want to apply for. If you already know, just select it and click on the “APPLY”.
- Then, login to your account (if you’re already a customer) or create an account (if you’re new). Then, prefill your information, Save and move over to the next page.
- Enter your billing address, Residential Address, Primary phone number and Employment details as appropriate. This will help BOfA to easily process your card and send to you as quick as possible.
- Confirm your card upon delivery and that’s all. You can also track the progress of your card by calling the Bank of America Credit card support at 009 1 757-677-4701.
- After doing this, the next process is to activate your credit card.
Activate Bank of America Credit Card
Once you have your credit card, you can go ahead and enroll for online banking with Bank of America. See how to enroll here.
- Visit this Bank of America online sign up page here: https://www.bankofamerica.com/
- Enter the last 6 digits of your card or account. Then, enter your complete Social Security number (SSN) or Tax Identification
number(TIN) of 9 digits.
- Next tap on the ‘Continue’ button below the page to continue
- Complete other details as required on subsequent pages and follow the onscreen instructions to sign up for online banking.
- Your online banking login details will be sent to your email or mobile number. You can change this default details after your first login. That’s all!
Activate Card Over The Phone
You can also activate your card over the phone by using these steps. Debit cardholders who want to activate their card by phone can
- Call 1-888-624-2323 and follow the prompts, which typically entails entering the card number, CVV code and either the telephone number associated with the card or the last four digits of the cardholder’s Social Security number.
- If you are calling outside of the United States, you’ll need to dial 1-925-675-6195 instead.
- If you need to activate a Bank of America Visa credit card, the number to call is 1-800-276-9939.
Through The Mobile App
Cardholders who are away from their home computers can download Bank of America’s mobile app to an iPad, iPhone, Android device or Windows 10 device. Once installed, simply tap the Bank of America icon and enter your login credentials. Within the app, you have the ability to activate a debit or credit card by entering the required information.
Share this to help others who need it.
Please note that we are not in any way affiliated to Bank of America, this article is only updated for educational (guiding) purposes and can be edited whenever we come across any changes.