Add Your Site To Google Search Console – If your website isn’t added to the Google Search Console, then you are definitely missing out on a whole lots. Google Search Console was created with you in mind. It aims to help you understand lots of issues about your website which you can adjust to your benefit. In this tutorial, we will show you how to add your site to Google Search Console. Every necessary step will be covered to guide you properly.
So, what is a Google Search Console (GSC)? GSC is a free platform for anyone with a website to monitor how Google views their site and optimize its organic presence. That includes viewing your referring domains, mobile site performance, rich search results, and highest-traffic queries and pages.
So, you can see you have a lot to gain. Let’s look at list of benefits you stand to gain with GSC.
Benefits Of Google Search Console
1. Optimize your content with Search Analytics
GSC helps you see which queries bring users to your site. You can also analyze your site’s impressions, clicks, and position on Google Search. Improve your performance on Google Search
2. Improve your performance on Google Search
Search Console tools and reports help you measure your site’s Search traffic and performance, fix issues, and make your site shine in Google Search results.
3. Get your content on Google
Submit sitemaps and individual URLs for crawling. Review your index coverage to make sure that Google has the freshest view of your site.
4. Get alerted on issues and fix your site
Receive email alerts when Google identifies issues on your site. See which URLs are affected by these issues and tell Google when you’ve fixed them.
5. Understand how Google Search sees your pages
The URL Inspection tool provides detailed crawl, index, and serving information about your pages, directly from the Google index.
How To Add Your Site To Google Search Console
Let’s show you how to add your site to Google Search Console immediately.
- Go to Google Search Console. Login or click ‘Start Now’, if needed.
- Click ‘Add a property’ under the search drop-down. You can add up to 1000 properties to your Google Search Console account.
- Enter your website URL in the box and click ‘Continue’. Please make sure you enter your complete URL. For example, if your site is it needs to be that exact URL. Don’t forget the / at the end of the URL. If your site uses WWW or is using HTTP you need to add properties for those as well. If you are not sure what your site has, please speak with your host provider.
- Click the arrow next to ‘HTML tag’ to expand the option. There are several ways to verify your site, but we’ve made it easy for you. We only need to get the authorization code so we can paste it in Yoast SEO.
- Copy the meta tag. Highlight the entire meta tag code. Right click on the highlighted tag and click on ‘Copy’ or use the copy shortcuts ctrl-c on Windows or cmd-c on Mac.
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘SEO’. On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘SEO’.
- Click on ‘General’. The ‘SEO’ settings will expand providing you with additional options. Click on ‘General’.
- Click on the ‘Webmaster Tools’ tab. This page has all the fields to past the verification codes for the various webmaster tools.
- 10. Paste the code in the Google field and click “Save Changes”.
- 12. Go back to Google Search Console and click ‘Verify’. Congratulations! You’ve connected your website to Google Search Console! Now that you’ve verified and linked your site, you can submit your sitemap. Not to mention all the other cool stuff that’s Search Console capable of!
If you follow this guides, you will surely have you site added to Google search console. However, if you encounter any challenge, we can help put you through. Just ask.