The African Initiative for Governance (AIG) scholarship 2019/2020 – Every year, Africa Initiative For Governance (AIG) will fund 5 scholarships for outstanding individuals from Nigeria and Ghana to pursue the Master of Public Policy degreee at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford. Aig scholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country.
The Africa Initiative For Governance (AIG) Scholarship 2019/2020 are full scholarships. That is to say it’s covering fees, accommodation and living expenses.
Applications for the 2019 – 2020 AIG Scholarships open Tuesday, July 17, 2018 and close Friday, September 14, 2018
Africa Initiative For Governance (AIG) Scholarship 2019/2020 – How To Apply
Please note that:
- An AIG Scholarship is confirmed when a successful candidate has been offered a place by BSG for the MPP programme
- Only applicants selected for the second round of the AIG Scholarships selection process will be notified, and asked to provide further information
- Scholarship winners must be prepared to undertake to return to their country of origin and work in the public sector of that country for a minimum period of three years, and be willing to sign a Bond to that effect
Here are the requirements for the Africa Initiative For Governance (AIG) Scholarship 2019/2020.
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- You must be between the ages of 25 and 35 years
- Also, you must have achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to Oxford and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Academic and analytical excellence
- Strong commitment to public service
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
Applicants of the Africa Initiative For Governance (AIG) Scholarship who reach the second stage of selection will be required to furnish the following additional information.
- >Curriculum Vitae
- >Full Academic Transcripts
- >Academic and/or Professional References (four in total). Please note that at least two of the references must be from individuals whom you studied under at university. The references should be sent directly to AIG, and should attest to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements. (References should not be given by people who are related to the applicant.)
- >Personal Essay (no more than 1500 words) covering the following:
- Why you are interested in public service and public policy; describe the specific issue(s) or problem(s) you care about, your thoughts on how this issue can be resolved and how the resolution of this issue could impact the economy as a whole.
- Why the AIG Scholarship and the MPP Programme at BSG-Oxford are important to you and how you would utilise this opportunity.
- The description of a personal challenge you have overcome or an achievement that you believe demonstrates your leadership potential, and the impact of that achievement.
- >Two passport photographs
- New applicants should click on http://www.aigscholarships.org/Account/Proceed and provide their basic information.
- On submission of your basic information, you will instantly receive an acknowledgement e-mail, from the portal containing a link that will enable you to continue the application process.
- You MUST click on the link (or copy and paste the URL into your browser) to continue the application. You will be automatically redirected to the application portal where you can continue and complete your application.
Please note that you will not receive an e-mail if your e-mail address is incorrect, non-functional or has been deactivated as a result of inactivity for a long period of time. You should therefore, ensure that your e-mail account is active and open before you start your application.
- Returning applicants should click on the “Continue Application” tab on the site menu and log in with their email address and password.
** If you have any complaints or encounter any challenges in the course of your application, Please send an email to [email protected] . Alternately, you may call the helpdesk on 08097178248 or send us a WhatsApp message via 08097178248.
Please note that you will be required to upload a passport photograph with a maximum size of 50 kb
When is the award of an AIG Scholarship confirmed?
Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford for admissions. Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the School in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
Am I obliged to complete my application process immediately I register?
No, you can log in anytime not later than the application deadline to complete your application. Please be sure to note and remember your e-mail address and password as you will require this information to log into the portal at a later time. Please note however, that only completed applications will be considered for the next stage in the selection process.
Can I continue my application at a later time?
Yes, the application process can be continued at a later time. Please be sure to note and remember your e-mail address and password as you will require this information to log into the portal at a later time. Please note however, that only completed applications will be considered for the next stage in the selection process.
Can I access the AIG Scholarships application portal through a mobile phone?
Yes, you can access the AIG Scholarships application portal with most smart phones with HTML browsers operating on BlackBerry OS, IOS and Android operating systems.
Can I edit my information after submitting my application?
No, you cannot edit your information after submitting your application. Applicants are therefore advised to review information entered in the portal before submitting their application.
Are multiple applications for the AIG Scholarship programme allowed?
No, you are only allowed to submit one application for the AIG Scholarships. Duplicate entries are not allowed and will not be processed.
What is the recommended passport size and format?
You are required to upload scanned passport photograph in Jpeg (.jpg) format not more than 50 kb size
What are the supported browsers for this application?
You can access the application portal using any of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Opera Mobile
What do I do if I entered wrong information and already submitted my application?
Please send an e-mail to [email protected] with your name and Reference Number for consideration of the particular request.
You can now apply for the Africa Initiative For Governance (AIG) Scholarship 2019/2020.