American Yearly Visa Lottery Full Info and Resource – Every year, the American government releases the Diversity Visa Lottery application program for people who are interested in migrating to the United States of America. However, we have discovered that a lot of persons still miss out on this wonderful opportunity. The reasons could be that they are not aware of this opportunity or that the know nothing about this.
This is why we have decided to bring to you the full details. This American Yearly Visa Lottery Full Info and Resource is written to ensure that every guideline you will need to apply for this visa is outlined. All, you need to do is to ensure you read till the end as every single blade of information will be contained here. Let’s delve fully into the American Yearly Visa Lottery Full Info and Resource.
American Yearly Visa Lottery Full Info and Resource
The Immigration Act of 1990 established the Diversity Visa (DV) program, where 55,000 immigrant visas would be available in an annual lottery, starting in fiscal year 1995. The lottery aims to diversify the immigrant population in the United States, by selecting applicants mostly from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States in the previous five years.
To apply for a diversity visa, follow the steps on the Diversity Visa Process on usvisas.state.gov. Once you have completed those steps, review the instructions given to you by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), along with the information presented on this website, for further guidance and instructions.
Furthermore, the Diversity Visa program is administered by the U.S Department of State, Kentucky Consular Centre (KCC), in Williamsburg. So, let’s go deeper and provide you with the American Yearly Visa Lottery Full Info and Resource.
Who Benefits The American Diversity Visa
The American Diversity Visa is distributed among these six (6) geographic regions. They include
- North America
- Oceania &
- South America.
No region is permitted to have more than 7% of the available Diversity Visa in one year. Furthermore, every year, the Department of State publishes the list of eligible countries on the website: www.usvisas.state.gov/DV/instructions.
How To Apply America Diversity Visa Program
To apply for this program, you will need to be very attentive to details so to avoid missing any important guideline. The following instructions must be remembered and followed to have a very successful application. To enter the program, be aware that
- There is a limited time for application. the dates for the application are released annually on the company’s website. Usually, the application form and guideline is ALWAYS on October for each year.
- Only individuals born in countries whose natives qualify to enter are eligible to submit a DV entry. Natives ordinarily mean someone born in a particular country regardless of the person’s current country of residence or nationality. It also mean someone who is entitled to be charged to a country other than that which he/she was born under the the provisions of Section 202(b) of the Immigration & Nationality Act. Let’s continue with the American Yearly Visa Lottery Full Info and Resource.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For American DV Program?
To qualify for the USA Diversity Visa Lottery, you must be a foreign citizen or national not born in the United States of America, from a country with a low immigration rate to the United States. People born in countries with high US immigration are excluded from this immigration program. Please see the table below, for countries whose natives are currently excluded from
Please note, eligibility is determined only by the country of your birth, it is not based on country of citizenship or current residence. This is the most common misconception that applicants make when entering this immigration program.
Natives from all other countries may register and apply for a USA Permanent Resident Card, also known as a green card in this immigration program, if they also meet the second eligibility requirement described below.
Those who are eligible to apply for the American Diversity Visa lottery must be able to meet up with the requirements stated above. That, is, the must be natives of eligible country to be able to apply for the DV program. However, if you are not a native of any of the eligible countries, you can still be eligible through these means below:
- Through Your Spouse
- Through Your Parents
- Also, Through education or work experience requirements.
Eligibility Through Your Spouse Country Of Birth
A spouse in this context means a legally married husband or wife (this includes same-sex marriage as allowed by the American law). So, how can you be eligible through your spouse?
If your spouse was born in a country whose natives are eligible, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth. This is provided that you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are issued Diversity visas and enter the United States at the same time.
So, let’s say your spouse is from Spain whose natives are eligible and you are from Canada whose natives aren’t eligible. While applying, you can choose your Spain as your as country of Birth, then you include your spouse on your DV entry application.
Through Your Parents Country of Birth
In this case, you can claim the country of birth of either of your parents if you were born in a country in which neither parent was born and in which your parents were not resident at the time of your birth. Please note that people are not considered residents of a country in which they were not born or legally naturalized if they are only visiting the country temporarily or stationed in the country for business or for professional reasons on behalf of a company or government.
For instance, if your parents were born in Estonia (which is eligible for the DV), and you were born in Canada while your parents are living there for a temporary period. You can choose Estonia as your country of birth since Canada natives are not eligible for the DV program. Let’s go on with the American Yearly Visa Lottery Full Info and Resource.
Through Education & Work Experience History
Apart from using your spouse or your parents country of birth, you can also be eligible to apply American Diversity Visa Lottery through your work or education experience. These requirements should be met by ONLY you who is applying. It doesn’t include your spouse or children.
For a foreign citizen or national not born in the United States of America to qualify for the USA Diversity Visa Lottery, the applicant must be born in a qualifying country which we have treated above. In addition, the applicant must comply with one of the following two requirements (Option 1 or Option 2 below):
The applicant must have completed a US High School education or a foreign equivalent of a US High School education. “High School education or its equivalent” means the successful completion of a
Passage of a high school equivalency examination is not sufficient. It is permissible to have completed one’s education in less than twelve years or greater than twelve years if the course of study completed is equivalent to a US High School education; or
The applicant must have worked in one of the following occupations for at least two years within the last five years. Click here to view all qualifying jobs. To determine if your work experience meets up with the required standard, Visit the United States department of labour O-NET online database @ https://www.onetonline.org/.
This site assigns specific vocational preparation or SVP ratings for each occupation. Here is your guide.
- When you visit the site, select “Find Occupations”
- Under the drop-down arrow, Select “Job Family”. Then click on the forward arrow.
- Next, search the menu for the job family that matches your current job occupation, eg Computer and Mathematical.
- Then click on “Go”.
- Next, a list of more specific occupations will be listed for you. Select your occupation from this list. You will be taken to a summary report of that very occupation.
- Then, select “Job Zone” from the top bar. See the red rectangle.
- The SVP range is between 7.0 and less than 8.0. To qualify for the DV lottery program, your occupation must have a minimum of 7.0 SVP range.
Proof that you satisfy these requirements should NOT be submitted when entering the USA Diversity Visa Lottery, but will be requested by a consular officer after your name has been selected in the draw and you formally apply for your permanent residence (Green Card) visa via the three immigration forms that you will receive, if selected. Individuals who do not meet the two requirements outlined above, should not apply for a permanent resident card in this immigration program, since they will be disqualified. You need to provide proof of education, work experience and native country only if you are selected.
Now that we have finished on the eligibility status and have confirmed your eligibility, it is time to start your application proper. To check the application guidelines, you have visit this portal: www.usavisas.state.gov/dv/instructions.
Diversity Visa Scam
American Yearly Visa Lottery Full Info and Resource – We must not fail to warn you of the Diversity Visa Scam. You are highly encouraged to complete the entry form yourself without a Visa Consultant, Visa Agent or any other facilitator who offers to help. If someone is to help you, ensure you are present to make sure all details are filled in correctly. Also, you will be asked to provide answers to the questions you will be asked. You will also retain your confirmation page and unique confirmation number.
So, to avoid being scammed, please note that
- It is free to apply at www.dvlottery.state.gov
- All entries on the DV program must be submitted electronically on the Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) at dvlottery.state.gov during the specified registration period.
- No late or paper entries are accepted.
- The lottery draw is random. there is no way to increase your chances of winning.
- You are to submit ONLY one entry. Anything other than that, you will be disqualified. Your spouse can also make a single separate entry if he/she qualified.
- You can also find out your status at the same portal.
- The department of State will not send email or notification letters through email.
- You do not pay until you find out your entry was selected, and you go to the US Embassy or Consulate in person for interview.
- All application instructions are contained in the portal: usvisas.state.gov/dv/instructions. You will also see a sample E-DV entry page for your guidance. These instructions are translated in different languages for you.
How To Apply American Diversity Visa Lottery
The final guide on this American Yearly Visa Lottery Full Info and Resource is how to apply. Having seen the American Yearly Visa Lottery Full Info and Resource, let’s show you how to start your application,
- go to www.dvlottery.state.gov. to start the Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) entry.
- Ensure you read the instructions carefully.
- Click on “Photo Instructions” to make sure your photo meets the requirements.
- Then, click on “begin Entry”. Type in the authentication code you will be shown.
- Then fill the application form you will see. Please note you can be disqualified if you upload a NOT recent photo. Also, Your photo must be a personal one.
- After you have filled the form, then click on “Continue”.
- In the next opened page, you are expected to go through all the details you submitted to make sure you filled them up correctly. Submission of wrong/incorrect data could lead to your being disqualified.
- You can print this page and keep safe for record purposes.
- Then, if all information submitted is correct, click on “Continue”.
- Your application is done. You will receive a confirmatory message from them.
- So, it is IMPORTANT that you print the submission confirmation page or, you can also write out your Confirmation number. This number will be used by you to know if you have been selected in the DV lottery. That is the ONLY way. So, ensure it is safe.
How To Check Diversity Visa Lottery Entrant Status
After your application, which takes place basically within October-November, you will have to wait till The First week of May to check the status of your application. Using your CONFIRMATION NUMBER that you saved above, you can now check if you have been selected for the Diversity Visa lottery @www.dvlottery.state.gov.
If you have been selected, you should follow every instruction you will be given to do the next step.
Finally, I hope this American Yearly Visa Lottery Full Info and Resource has been good value for your time? We have decided to bring to you this detailed analysis so you can be able to understand from the scratch, how you can be part of the U.S.A DV lottery program.