This is a comprehensive guide on How To Apply Bahamas Visa In Nigeria. This means that all the requirements & processes will be outlined here so you can know what to do at any stage. You can apply for the Bahamas Visa in Nigeria and you can stand a chance of been granted visa.
The Bahamas is one of the tourist attraction sites in the whole world. The archipelagic state consists of more than 700 islands, cays, and islets in the Atlantic Ocean. It is located north of Cuba and Hispaniola (Haiti and the Dominican Republic), northwest of the Turks and Caicos Islands, southeast of the United States of Florida, and east of the Florida Keys. The beauty of the nation makes a widely visited tourist centers and for business purposes.
Let us look at what it will cost to apply for the Bahamas Visa in Nigeria as well as the requirements.
How To Apply Bahamas Visa In Nigeria
Before you apply, there are three major types of Visas you can apply for. They include:
- Business visa: for Nigerian citizens or permanent residents who wants to participate in business activity for a short period.
- Tourism visa: this is for Nigerian nationals who want to travel for leisure or visit family members and no business activity is allowed during that period.
- Transit visa: for Nigerians who are passing through the country whose stay is for either three days or less.
Bahamas Visa Application In Nigeria
Usually, to apply for Visas, you approach the embassy of the particular country you want to apply to and follow up the processes. However, the Bahamas has no consulate embassy in Nigeria. So, what can you do? How can you apply? Read on.
There are two major alternatives you can adopt in applying for the Bahamas Visa in Nigeria. They are:
- Apply directly through the British Embassy in Nigeria. The British Embassy is one of the Bahamas representatives that provide assistance for those who wants to travel to the Bahamas. So you can submit your application for Bahamian visa from Nigeria at any British embassy, high commission or consulate either in Abuja or Lagos.
- The second and most difficult option is to travel as visitor to any country such as USA, Canada etc that has a Bahamas embassy. Then you can apply from there.
Addresses Of British Embassy In Nigeria
- British High Commission Abuja: 19,Torrens Close, Mississippi, Abuja,
- British Deputy High Commission Lagos- 11, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Bahamas Visa Application Requirements in Nigeria
Here are the requirements to Apply Bahamas Visa In Nigeria. They include the following:
- A completely filled Bahamian Visa application form.
- Original passport and one photocopy of information page. The passport should be valid for 6 months after your stay with at least one blank passport page.
- Passport photograph (2 x 2) with white background showing the full face.
- Letter from employer or sponsor, indicating the applicant’s details and stating the purpose of visit to The Bahamas.
- Trade register for the self-employed.
- Financial bank statement of the applicant for the last six (6) months
- Original invitation letter, signed by the inviting company on the company letter paper, providing information about the nature of the business to be conducted, travel data, name, passport number of the invitee, specifying the type and desired validity of the visa (i.e. a one year multiple entry business visa)
- Proof of financial sustenance for the period of stay in The Bahamas.
- An official business letter to support your application.
- Flight Itinerary with the dates and flight numbers stating the entry and departure from Bahamas.
- Accommodation or hotel reservation for the whole period of the intended stay in Bahamas.
- A proof of the following documents- marriage certificate, birth certificate of children and death certificate of spouse (if applicable).
- The application fee has to be paid in U.S Dollars in the form of a bank draft, a bank money order or a postal money order made payable to The Bahamas High Commission.
- For more information, please contact or visit the official website of the British High Commission, or you could visit the British embassy or consulate in Nigeria.
Now you have seen the requirements on how to Apply Bahamas Visa In Nigeria as well as the processes, you are good to go!