The application for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2017 has commenced and application is invited for suitably qualified candidates who meet with the requirements. The scholarship is a “… Major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries. The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries. Furthermore, the scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria”, the website reads.
Furthermore, the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Scheme grants individuals the opportunity to acquire a first degree at the prestigious Covenant University and Landmark University in Nigeria. It grants individuals the opportunity to build up the leadership potentials that are so evidently lacking in the leaders of our society, through the yearly programs and community development initiatives integrated in the 5-year duration of the scholarship. As a result of the above, here is how to apply for the scholarship.
Page Table of Contents
How To Apply For David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2017
To apply for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship scheme 2017, here are the steps to follow.
- Log onto http://www.davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship/register/
- Create an account on the website. The following information would be required:
- Password (twice)
- Application Category i.e either as “New Student Application” or “Returning Student Application”.
- Proposed University i.e either Covenant or Landmark University
- Proposed Course Of Study
- Next is click on “Create Account”.
- Afterwards, log into your account and fill the application form
- Next, upload the required credentials
- Then, you submit your application.
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Scheme Eligibility & Requirements.
- Applicants are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Also, are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
- 80% recorded average or 4.0 GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
Financial Provisions of the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship.
- Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years. (In accordance to the University stipulated time for duration of chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
Application Submission Deadline
The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is 11.59 pm GMT + 01.00 on Wednesday May 17, 2017.
Also See: Top Secrets Of Winning Scholarships
General Application Tips
- The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Scheme uses an internet based application system. Therefore, you will need to access a computer and internet to apply. You would also need a scanner in order to upload required documents.
- Importantly, you do not have to finish your application in one session. You may save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary. You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
- Unfailingly, you must submit your completed application by the deadline, however you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
- Also importantly, answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded MUST be translated in English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays must be your own original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be considered. Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
Online Application Sections
- General/Contact Information Section.
- Provide general information in specified formats within the application form.
- You will be required to provide documentation verifying age, and country of citizenship for eligibility if you are selected at the interview stage.
- Information filled in Parent/Guardian section should be for BIOLOGICAL parents or LEGAL guardians.
- Furthermore, the contact information you provide will be used to reach you during the application and selection process. Please provide accurate addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses that you use and check on a regular basis.
Finally, if you have any challenge while applying for this scholarship, kindly notify us through the comment box. We are waiting to attend to your challenges. Thank you for sharing this.