The Delta State Skills Training and Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP) is an initiative of the state government. It is a skill acquisition program open to all indigenous persons of Delta state. For those who are interested, we will outline the DeltaStep Application processes and requirements for you so you can participate in it.
Furthermore, the DeltaStep application offers you a wide range of opportunities. Not only does it expose you to skill acquisitions, you will also learn self independence. In a world of economic uncertainties, Delta Step offers you an assured way-out.
How To Apply Delta State Skills Training and Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP)
STEP encompasses the training of youths in different skills/trade and helping them to establish their own enterprises for self-employment and to become employers of labour. Alumni of the programme will be branded and promoted as STEPreneurs.
Under STEP, unemployed youths will undergo a 3-phase training plan comprising life skills and orientation course, vocational skills training and business/entrepreneurship training.
To Apply for Delta Step, you can take the following channels.
- Obtain the form when it is on sale. The forms can be accessed online,
traditional rulers and other sources.
- Forms can also be collected from the office of the Chief Job Creation Officer, Anwai Road, Asaba OR Governor’s Office Annex, along NPA Expressway, near DBS, Warri.
- All completed application forms should be returned through the Chairman of Traditional Rulers Council in the respective
local government areas. Be sure to fill-out the register deposited with the Chairman of Traditional Rulers Council on return of your application form.
- Also, it could also be returned to the stated offices above.
- Please also note that the application forms can also be accessed and submitted online at www.deltastatejobcreation.ng
Skills To Be Learnt
- Computer Hardware Repairs;
- Catering and Confectionary;
- Electrical Installation and Repairs;
- Decoration and Event Management;
- Fashion Design/Tailoring;
- Block Moulding;
- Plaster of Paris (POP);
- Welding and Fabrication;
- Electronics Repairs;
- Carpentry; and
Delta State Skills Training and Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP) Requirements
Before you proceed with your DeltaStep Application, you must meet up with the following requirements.
- Applicants must be presently unemployed Deltan youth with genuine desire to acquire skills and training for entrepreneurship
- Also, you must be aged 18-35 years
- Finally, you must possess at least West African School Certificate.
Finally, you should constantly check on the official website: http://deltastatejobcreation.ng/-/index.php/en/ to know when application starts.