This is to inform the general public that the sale of online application forms for admission into the Nigerian Police Academy 5th Regular Course of degree programme has commenced today Tuesday 7th March, 2017 and will end on Friday the 16th June, 2017. Admission into the Academy is open to both male and female Nigerians of good character. This announcement was contained in the Nigerian Police Academy’s website http://polac.edu.ng/.
The call for application into the Nigerian Police Academy 5th Regular Course is another opportunity for interested and qualified male and female Nigerians to serve her fatherland through the Nigerian Police.
NOTE: SSCE STATEMENT OF RESULTS OR CERTIFICATES RELATING TO EXAMINATIONS TAKEN BEFORE 2013 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Page Table of Contents
How To Apply For Nigerian Police Academy 5th Regular Course
- All Interested Applicants are advised to go to the Nigeria Police Academy’s Website: polac.edu.ng in order to obtain or generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code.
- The RRR code obtained can be used to make payment of N3,000.00 through any commercial Bank Branch in Nigeria.
- Applicants must, in addition, apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board as well as sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Candidates need not select the Police Academy as a university of choice in the JAMB form. However, only candidates who obtained the minimum UTME scores which is to be determined by JAMB and purchased the Academy online application form; will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination.
Submission Of Applications For Nigerian Police Academy 5th Regular Course
- All applications are to be submitted online.
- On submission of the applications, candidates are required to download Acknowledgement Form.
- Candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above, will be enabled to download and print their examination cards.
Courses Of Study
The Courses available for offer in the Nigerian Police Academy 5th Regular Course leading to Bachelor’s degrees are
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
- Nigerian Languages & Linguistics
- History & International Studies
FACULTY OF LAW:
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
- Management Sciences
- Political Science
FACULTY OF SCIENCE:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Forensic Science
Admission Requirements For Nigerian Police Academy 5th Regular Course
The following are the admission requirements:
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens
- Must be between 17 and 22 years of age.
- Must have a height of not less than 1.67 Metres (5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female.
- Male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 86 cm (34 Inches).
- All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of SIX (6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings and including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
- Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and psychological tests of fitness.
Selection Examination Date, Conditions And Requirements
- The Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil Selection Examination, may be Computer Based Test (CBT) or Pencil and Paper.
- The examination shall comprise of a General Paper (Section A) which is compulsory for all candidates. It will cover areas such as general knowledge and current affairs, English Language and Mathematics.
- Other sections are to be selected according candidate’s Faculty of choice.
- Exam date is Saturday the 8th July, 2017.
Note: Only candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at 12 designated Centres. The list of Centres is in the Academy Website.
Exam Requirements For Nigerian Police Academy 5th Regular Course
Eligible candidates are to bring along to the examination venue:
- Acknowledgement Form
- Examination Card
- JAMB Result Slip
- Two Postcard size photographs (3.5 x 5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards.
- At the back of each of the two Postcard size photographs, the candidates must write their name, State of origin, examination centre and signature.
Note: Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board Interview. The list of successful candidates will be published on our website and in some national newspapers.
The onlinedailys team will be available to answer your questions regarding the Nigerian Police Academy 5th Regular Course. We shall also keep you abreast with related developments. Kindly share this with friends and keep a date with us. Thank you for visiting us today.