The Best FIFA Men’s Player Award Final Nominees 2018 has been released. For the first time in 11 years, Barcelona’s Lionel Messi failed to make the last 3 final nominees. Cristiano Ronaldo, Luka Modric and Mohamed Salah have made the final three for FIFA’s The Best Men’s Player of the Year award. The 3 final nominees for this year’s edition enjoyed a very fruitful season.
Cristiano Ronaldo won the award last year but he faces serious challenge this year from Mohammed Salah and Luka Modric. Already, Luka Modric defeated both Cristiano Ronaldo and Mohammed Salah to win the UEFA Best Player of the year award. And given his exploits for both Madrid and Croatia in the World Cup, he is the favorite to clinch the award.
Best FIFA Men’s Player Award Final Nominees 2018
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid/Juventus & Portugal)
- Mohammed Salah (Liverpool & Egypt)
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid & Croatia)
Ronaldo and Modric both helped Real Madrid to Champions League glory prior to the former’s move to Juventus, with Salah scoring an incredible 44 goals in all competitions for Liverpool.
Modric won UEFA’s award for best player of the year last season, which drew condemnation from Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes, for snubbing the top goalscorer in the Champions League . Ronaldo’s move to Turin came after he eliminated Juventus from Europe with an empathic overhead kick, which also sees him nominated for FIFA’s Puskas award for the best goal of the season .
Best Men’s Coach
The final three nominees for the best men’s coach are
- Zinedine Zidane (REAL MADRID): Clinched a third-straight UEFA Champions League title. Became first coach to win three in a row. Left Real Madrid with a 70 per cent win ratio
- Didier Deschamps (FRANCE NATIONAL TEAM): Won the FIFA World Cup. Became only the third man to do so as a player and coach. Has taken charge of more games for France than anyone else.
- Zlatko Dalic (CROATIA NATIONAL TEAM): Took Croatia to their first FIFA World Cup Final. Led them to historic match in Moscow after just nine months in the job. Were one of only three teams to secure three group wins
When Will It Hold?
This year’s FIFA Best Awards will be held on 24 September in London. The Best Awards have been presented by the governing body since 2016 and are aimed at reviving the old FIFA World Player of the Year prize, which was merged with the Ballon d’Or in 2010. Last year’s ceremony, which was held at the London Palladium, was hosted by Idris Elba and Layla Anna-Lee with the likes of Patrick Stewart also in attendance.
The FIFA Best Awards are split into nine separate categories, including:
- Best Men’s Player,
- Best Goalkeeper,
- Best Men’s Coach,
- Best Women’s Player,
- Best Women’s Coach,
- The FIFA Fair Play Award,
- FIFA Puskas Award,
- FIFA Fan Award
- The FIFA FIFPro World11.
Let’s hear your view on the Best FIFA Men’s Player Award Final Nominees 2018.