Sometimes, your Laptop screen would need to be cleaned. What most people do not know is that there are best ways to clean them. You don’t just wake up and start cleaning your laptop screen with whatever comes to mind or anything you lay hands on. In this guide, we will be showing you how best to clean your laptop screen.
If you are even thinking why you should clean your laptop screen, then, you may not need this. We admit it isn’t just for everybody. But, if you live in regions where there are two much dust, or your laptop is consistently exposed to one, you will need to know how to clean your laptop screen. If you also have had instances where water was poured on the screen, this tip will be handy.
Also See: Best Ways To Optimize PC Performance
Furthermore, other laptops have added functionalities such as fingerprints. This will increase your usage of the screen. So, if for any time you want to clean your laptop screen, here are the best ways to do that.
How To To Clean Your Laptop Screen
So, here is your guideline.
1. Use Microfiber cloth For Dusts
To clean dust from your laptop screen, you will need something like a microfiber. If you can’t get your hands on it, you could get some pieces of clothes that can also serve.
- Acquire a microfiber cloth. There are many out there, but those specifically designed for glasses or lens cleaning work best.
- Shut down your laptop. Not only is it safer this way, but having a blank screen can help you see any dust that needs to be removed.
- Pressing gently on the display, wipe in one direction. Don’t scrub or wipe in circles, as this could damage the display or just move the dust particles around.
- Continue wiping across the display until it’s dust-free.
2. Use Damp Sponge For Dirt & Grime
- Shut down your laptop and unplug it from its power source. If possible, you should also remove the battery.
- Wet the sponge with the distilled water and wring it out so there are no drips.
- Gently wipe the affected area of your monitor’s screen with the sponge. Watch for drips and clean them up immediately if there are any.
- Once the area is clean, wait for the display to completely dry out before closing the lid and/or using your machine.
3. Use Cleaning Solutions For Oil & Sticky
Keep in mind, however, that you should avoid using any type of glass-cleaning fluid. You’ll also want to refrain from spraying anything directly on your monitor.
- Shut down your laptop and unplug it from its power source. If you can, remove the battery just to play it safe.
- Spray or apply the cleaning fluid onto a microfiber cloth. Make sure that the cloth is damp, but not wet.
- Gently rub the cloth over the affected area. Rub in small circles to avoid streaks and avoid heavy pressure as that can damage the display.
- Repeat as necessary, making sure not to drip any fluid onto your laptop’s display or keyboard.
- When finished, wait for the display to dry completely before closing the lid or powering on your laptop.
Your laptop deserves every great care given to it. If you want it to serve you so well, then, you must learn how to clean your laptop screen in the best way. By so doing, you avoid destroying the screen and the laptop as a whole.