Security is one of the things we must not stop seeking. We must have heard people lament of having their money debited from their account using their lost or stolen ATM cards. These losses are often heartbreaking. They could have been prevented. But, we can dwell in the past. We will show you how to block lost ATM card immediately. Even if it is stolen or lost, the process is still the same.
There is increase in theft these days. So, either by carelessness you misplaced your ATM or it was stolen, you can block the access as soon as you find out. Rather than having to run to the bank to report the incidence, right from your home, you can block stolen ATM cards. How? We will show you below.
How To Block Lost ATM Card Immediately In Nigeria
Are you ready? We will be taking them bank by bank to ensure you are well covered.
How To Block First Bank ATM Card
Lost your First bank ATM Card? Don’t worry. To Block your First Bank ATM card is simple.
- Pick up your phone and make sure the SIM you registered with First Bank is the one on the phone.
- Send “BLOCK” to 30012.
- Within 24 hours your ATM card will be blocked and you can’t withdraw or make payment with it again.
How To Block GTBank ATM Card
There are different ways you can use to block GTBAnk ATM card. It can be through ATM terminals, Internet banking application, Mobile app, SMS banking and or the GTWorld app. So, here is your guide.
To block your GTB ATM card through SMS,
- Send HOTLIST NUBAN to 08076665555 from your registered mobile number with the bank.
- Replaced the NUBAN with the 10 digits of your account number linked to the card.
Also, you can as well contact the GTConnect using the following contacts. 0700GTConnect (0700482666328), 01-4480000, 08039003900 or 08029002900 to request for your ATM card to be deactivated immediately.
Another alternative is to log on to your internet banking profile and block your ATM yourself following the steps below…
- Click on the Cards icon and then the Card hotlist link
- Select Card Number and Request Reason
- Input your secret question answer.
- Now click Continue and input token generated code after that
- Click Submit.
A Pop-up screen option will appear asking you to confirm the deactivation of your ATM card.
Also See: How To Transfer Money using ATM Card
How To Block Fidelity Bank ATM Card
To block your Fidelity ATM card is very simple.
- Dial *770*911# on your registered phone and follow the prompts.
- A list of all your ATM card connected to the account will be displayed and you will be asked to select the particular one you will like to block.
- You can still contact the Fidelity Bank to block your ATM card via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
How To Block Zenith Bank ATM Card
To block your Zenith Bank ATM card you need to download their mobile app…
- Log in to the app
- Click on the menu bar and select Cards and Cheques.
- Select Deactivate Card under Type and enter a reason.
- Now click on continue.
- If you need further assistance, you can contact them via phone call using the following numbers 012787000, 014647000 and 012927000.
How To Block Stanbic IBTC Bank ATM Card
You can simply block your Stanbic IBTC Bank without visiting their branch.
- Just dial *909#.
- After that choose my Bank,
- choose service request and
- finally choose block card.
An alternative Simply sends Block card NUBAN to 30909 via your registered mobile number. Replaced the NUBAN with the 10-digits of your account number Link to the card.
How To Block Union Bank ATM Card
To block your Union Bank ATM card
- text BLOCK CARD NUBAN via SMS to 20123 using the phone number registered on your account.
- You should replace the NUBAN with the 10-digit of your account number.
How To Block Access Bank ATM Card
If you lost your Access Bank Debit Card, call 1.800.554.8969 and if you lost your Credit Card, call 1.800.558.3424 immediately to block the card. You can also block your Access Bank ATM Card using their updated mobile app.
How To Block Keystone Bank ATM Card
To block your Keystone Bank ATM Card
- kindly send them an email via firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call them on +234 700 2000 3000.
How To Block Sterling Bank ATM Card
To block your Sterling Bank ATM Card
- simply contact them via email at email@example.com
- or call them on 070078375464.
You can also reach them via their social handler below.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/SterlingBankNigeria/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/sterling_bankng
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/sterlingbank
Also See: How To Buy Airtime With ATM Card
How To Block Wema Bank ATM Card
You can block Wema Bank ATM card via Wema Mobile app or Wema Internet banking solution. You can easily deactivate the card through text message. Just send CARD ATM OFF to 33352 using your registered number with them.
How To Block Unity Bank ATM Card
You can request them to instantly block your ATM card through a phone call on +2347080666000, +2347057323226, +2347057323227 OR you can email them on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their official website www.unitybankng.com.
How To Block UBA
To block a lost or stolen UBA ATM/Debit Card,
- simply dial *919*10# from your mobile line that is linked with the Bank account.
- An alternative, you can contact UBA to help you out by reaching them on 2347002255822 or you can shoot them an email on email@example.com.
Losing your ATM isn’t funny. However, with this details on How To Block Lost ATM Card, you should be able to do without waiting for anyone. Then, you can approach your bank for the next course of action. if you also wish, you can transfer the money out of the account temporarily until you are sure the issue is fixed completely.
Did you find this guide on How To Block Lost ATM Card helpful? Please share.