You no longer want to use the YouTube premium subscription? Here are simple ways you can use to cancel YouTube premium subscription all by yourself. It is something you can do by yourself and it is very easy to carry out. The YouTube premium is the paid version of YouTube that allows you a whole lot of features that aren’t seen on the free version.
Whether you’re taking a break from YouTube and social media, cutting back on paid subscriptions, or simply wanting to terminate your membership before your free trial is up, cancelling your YouTube Premium subscription is both possible and relatively straight forward. If this is what you would want to do, then, we will be here to guide you all through the process. Just follow us.
Before we go ahead to show you how to cancel YouTube premium subscription, let’s show you some of the huge features and advantages of the YouTube premium. Perhaps, you never knew all these before considering to cancel your sub. So, read on.
Page Table of Contents
YouTube Premium Features
Below are some of the features of the YouTube Premium. YouTube Premium offers several, well, premium perks that you will lose once you cancel your membership. They include:
- Ad-free viewing. YouTube Premium subscribers will see now banner advertisements nor any pre, mid, or post-roll video ads while using YouTube.
- Offline viewing. Those with a YouTube Premium membership can download some videos to the YouTube app for viewing at a later time.
- YouTube Originals. Unlimited access to TV series, specials, and movies created exclusively for YouTube Premium subscribers.
- Background play. Paid subscribers can still listen to YouTube videos and music with the app minimized on their device.
- YouTube Music Premium. Access to YouTube Music’s library of music completely ad-free and with offline listening options.
Cancel YouTube Premium Subscription
You can cancel your sub using the web or on the YouTube app. See the guide for each.
How To Cancel YouTube Subscription On The Web
- Go to YouTube.com in your preferred internet browser.
- Click on your avatar in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on Paid memberships.
- Within the YouTube Premium box, click on Cancel Membership.
- You may be asked to provide a reason for cancelling YouTube Premium. Select your reason and then click on Next.
- You will now be asked to confirm your cancellation. Click on Yes, Cancel to terminate your YouTube Premium membership and revert back to a free YouTube account.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on Mobile
Your YouTube Premium subscription can also be stopped by using the official iOS or Android YouTube apps.
- Open the YouTube app on your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top-right corner.
- Tap on Paid memberships.
- Under YouTube Premium, tap on Manage.
- You’ll be asked to open a link in a web browser app. Tap on Open next to the browser you wasn’t to use.
- Your selected internet browser should have opened and loaded the mobile web version of your paid memberships. Under YouTube Premium, tap on Cancel Membership.
- Tap on Yes, cancel to confirm your cancellation of YouTube Premium.
Got your questions? Spill them here and get your answers immediately.