For the expectant, the Champions league quarter final draw has been revealed. And there are enticing draws. After the Round of 16, only 8 teams are left and they include: Real Madrid, Sevilla, Barcelona, Juventus, As Roma, Liverpool, Manchester City and Bayern Munich.
The Champions League Quarter Final Draw which took place today pitted the two remaining English teams Liverpool and Manchester City against each other. The means one English team is guaranteed a semi-final berth. Sevilla’s reward for defeating Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United is a match against Bayern Munich.
Champions League Quarter Final Draw
- Barcelona v Roma
- Sevilla v Bayern Munich
- Juventus v Real Madrid
- Liverpool v Manchester City
Juventus, Real Madrid, Sevilla and Bayern Munich will kick things off on April 3 before playing the second leg on April 11. Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona and Roma play their first games on April 4 with the second legs of those ties taking place on April 10.
Also See: Most Expensive Footballers Of All Time
Champions League Quarter Final Draw Key Stats
Liverpool vs Man City
- Liverpool’s meeting with Man City will be the first all-English Champions League quarter-final since 2011 (Chelsea vs Manchester United)
- Look away now Pep, but Reds boss Klopp has beaten the City boss on five different occasions in all competitions, more than any other manager.
- Now, look away Klopp, because Guardiola has never lost a Champions League quarter-final tie, progressing in a total of seven.
Also See: Europa League Quarter Final Draw In Full
Juventus vs Real Madrid
- The Bianconeri have lost just two of their last eight Champions League matches against Real Madrid, winning four. One of those losses was last year’s 4-1 final defeat.
- Excluding finals in 1998 and 2017, Real Madrid have been eliminated in all four of their Champions League knock-out ties against Juventus
- However, Madrid have an excellent record against Italian teams in recent history, winning their last five Champions League games against clubs from the country.
Barcelona vs Roma
- Roma may take some comfort from the fact that Barcelona have lost two of their previous three quarter-final ties against Italian opposition (losing to Juventus twice in 2003 an 2017).
- The Giallorossi have encountered Barcelona four times in the Champions League and boasted an unbeaten record against the Catalan outfit until their last meeting, in which they conceded six.
Who do you think will make the semifinal? Let’s hear from you below.