Your Facebook name is a big part of your Facebook user experience. People who relate with you on Facebook often do so using your username. And, people who lost contact with you for a very long time, when they want to add you on Facebook, will make use of your username. This makes your Facebook username very important. Today, we will show you How To Change Facebook Username.
Most people started using Facebook at some younger age and used all manner of funny names to create their account. It becomes difficult for someone to add them up on Facebook. Of course, someone who doesn’t know the nickname you used in opening your account will try using the name he/she has known you with. This may lead you to change your Facebook username.
Also, you may want to turn your personal Facebook account into a business brand name. This will necessitate a change of name on Facebook. But since most people do not know How To Change Facebook Username, we thought this guide will go a long way to help you achieve that. So, let’s show you how you can do that easily.
How To Change Facebook Username
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings. If you are using mobile app, just click on the settings.
- Click Username
- Enter your new username and your password, then click Save Changes.
- That is all.
Facebook username Guidelines
Here are the guidelines on Facebook username.
- You can only have one username for your Page or profile, and you can’t claim a username that is already being used.
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A–Z, 0–9) and periods (“.”). They can’t contain generic terms or extensions (.com, .net).
- Usernames must be at least 5 characters long.
- Periods (“.”) and capitalization can’t be used to differentiate usernames. For example, johnsmith55, John.Smith55 and john.smith.55 are all considered the same username.
- Usernames shouldn’t impersonate someone else.
- Your username must adhere to the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.