The PAN Card stands for the Permanent Account Number Card. We have dealt extensively on what a PAN Card is, its uses, how to apply and the general requirements. You can check that out here.It is a card used in India for different purposes. So, that is not our focus now. You can read that up and know much. However, if you want to check PAN Card application status online, then, you are in the right place.
If you’ve applied for a new PAN card online or if you’ve asked for a reprint of your PAN card, you’re probably wondering how to check the status of the application. Luckily, both NSDL and UTITSL — which are authorised to issue PAN cards — let you track your PAN card application status online. The process is simple as long as you have your application number, which is sent to you via email once you complete your PAN card application. Follow these steps to check your PAN card application status.
How To Check PAN Card Application Status Online
There are two different ways to check PAN Card status online. You can use through the NSDL portal or the UTITSL. These are the two platforms charged with issuing PAN Cards.
To Check On NSDL
- Go to the NSDL PAN application status tracking page.
- Select the application type. In this case it should be PAN – New / Change Request.
- Enter the acknowledgement number in the field below application type. This number should be in the email you received from NSDL.
- Enter the captcha code as you see it in the image.
- Click Submit.
- Now you will see the status of your PAN card application. It will show you whether the application is being processed or if the process has been completed.
How to check PAN Card application status online (UTITSL)
- Go to the UTITSL PAN card application status page.
- Enter the application coupon number, which should be in the email UTITSL sent to you after you completed your application.
- Alternatively, you can simply enter your PAN number.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click Submit.
- Now you’ll see whether your PAN card has been issued/ reprinted, or if it’s going to take some more time.
You can use any of the above platforms to check PAN Card Application Status Online. Good luck.