After you must have applied for the full US citizenship, you are most likely anxious to know if your application is successful or not. Most times, most people do not know how to check US citizenship application status. So, they are at a loss on what to do to keep abreast of situations. Checking the status of your application is very vital as it helps you know the current stage of your application.
So, it is normal to be anxious as you await the application processes. But then, why get anxious when you can be in control of the situation? With this guide, you can check us citizenship application status without any challenge at all. Just ensure you follow the guides we will outline here for you.
How To Check US Citizenship Application Status
You can check your application status by the following ways.
1. Through The USCIS Website
To do this,
- Find your receipt number. After submitting your immigration forms, you should have received a receipt number verifying that your forms were received. The receipt number is 13 characters long and begins with three capital letters, e.g., “EAC-11-010-50870.” The receipt number should appear on all application notices USCIS sends you. Please do not include dashes when inputting the receipt number.
- Go to the USCIS website. Visit the myUSCIS website at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do.
- Enter your receipt number in the search box. Omit dashes when entering the number, but include other characters, such as asterisks if they appear in your receipt number. Click on “Check Status” after you enter your number.
- Read about your status. The website should pull up your application status. You’ll see what steps your application or petition has already gone through and what steps it still has to go through before completion.
2. Through The Phone
You will need to make a call to this effect.
- Find the application receipt number (from N-400 naturalization application). The receipt number will have 13 characters and usually begins with three letters such as EAC, WAC, LIN or SRC. It is printed on all application notices sent by USCIS. It is printed on all application notices sent by USCIS.
- Call 1 (800) 375-5283, follow the automated instructions and give the receipt number.
3. Through USCIS Updates
You can sign up for updates from the USCIS website. This ensures you get whatever update at any given time. To sign up,
- Visit https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and click on the “Sign Up” button.
- You can either register as an applicant customer or as a representative for an applicant customer. After making your selection, click on “Next.”
- You’ll need to enter your name, address, and email address, as well as create a user ID and password.
- You can choose to sign up for email updates or updates sent by text to your phone.
- You’ll receive an automatic update each time the status of your application or petition changes.
So, you have seen the different means you can use to check US citizenship application status online? Now, we are here to attend to you if you have any further challenge.
Why not share this to help others?