Application is open to the general public for facilitators in the CodeLagos Programme. CodeLagos is an initiative of the Lagos State Ministry of Education aimed at making coding education framework accessible to every student in Lagos State. The CodeLagos Programme seeks to position students to harness, create, and leverage on local & global opportunities, meet the growing demand for tech skills and approach the world of work as problem solvers.
The Lagos State Ministry of Education, in partnership with the Ministry of Science and Technology, has launched the first state-sanctioned computer programming education framework with clearly stated learning outcomes. The new coding education framework will provide basic- to proficiency-level competence in Computer Science, Information technology and digital literacy.
Facilitators will be trained through local and international partnerships. Furthermore, Facilitators need not have advanced coding knowledge and skills to apply for the training scheme and the opportunity to tutor classes. To actualize this vision, the CodeLagos programme will employ a multiple-pronged approach, deploying coding education framework across various platforms, including:
- Primary & Secondary Schools – Public/Private
- Tertiary Institutions
- Public & Private Libraries
- Public Spaces e.g Community Centers
Also See: How To Verify Plate Number
Classes will be set up at Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Institutions. These centers will be facilitated by experienced tutors to deliver the coding education framework in a regular schedule each academic session. The ratio of Students to Facilitators has been set to achieve an optimum engagement level. The attention span of each school demographic was considered in setting each class’ duration.
Terms Of Engagement
- Qualifying candidates must be available to participate in all the required trainings which would be provided by the State in collaboration with private sector partners within the technology sector.
- They must also be willing to commit at least 12 hours weekly to facilitate CodeLagos courses at designated centers upon the launch of the initiative in April.
- The Facilitator will be employed on a Part-Time basis to teach in an after-school program
- Depending on number of works, facilitators’ allowance ranges between #15,000 to #25,000 monthly.
- Facilitators must be at the designated centres to carry out his/her functions.
Must Read: Learn How To Create HTML5 And CSS Free
Application For CodeLagos Programme
All applications are online. The interested persons should visit the CodeLagos Programme application website:
Encountering any challenge in applying for the CodeLagos Programme facilitators? Kindly notify us using the comment box below and we shall reply you. Maximise this opportunity now.