If you ever needed an excel file document but got sent a PDF file, there isn’t nothing much to worry about. Even if you needed a PDF but now have need for an excel document, you are in the right place. We want to show you how to convert PDF to Excel document free. There are different applications you can use to do this for free, even though some are paid. I understand the option you would most likely go for.
There are many file conversion sites you can use to convert documents from one file to another format. The tools are numerous. For some of them, you would have to register to use while the others are free. The options are left for you to choose from.
How To Convert PDF To Excel Document
We will first use the Adobe Acrobat tool. As one of the world’s premier PDF reading and editing applications, Adobe Acrobat DC is one of the more popular methods for converting a PDF into an Excel file. As fully featured as it is though, it is a paid-for, premium application. Fortunately, there is a free trial, so if you’re just looking to do a one-off conversion, this method works great.
- Download Adobe Acrobat DC’s seven-day trial and install it.
- Open the software and select the Tools tab.
- Click the Export PDF icon.
- Click Select a file and choose the PDF you want to convert from the resulting window.
- Then, select Spreadsheet from the list of export options and decide whether you want an Excel Workbook (.xlsx) or XML Spreadsheet 2003 (.xml) format.
- If you want to adjust your eventual Excel document’s settings, click the gear icon on the right-hand side of your selection. You can choose how many worksheets are created, as well as what symbols are used as data separators.
- When happy with your settings, click the blue Export button.
- Decide where you want to save your new Excel document. Either pick one of the Recent Folders on show, or click the blue Choose a Different Folder button. In the resulting pop-up file browser, click Save.
Also See: How To Password Protect A PDF Document
How To Convert PDF To Excel Document Using Free Web Applications
There are numerous online converters you can use to convert PDF to excel document. All you need to do is to search for them online. However, we will use PDFtoExcel.com because it’s free, has a clean interface, and does its job quickly. I suppose the format could be the same or almost very similar, if you decide to use any other one.
- Open a browser window and go to PDFtoExcel.com.
- Click the Upload button and select your chosen PDF, or drag and drop it onto the designated area.
- You’ll see a progress bar appear for the upload itself, followed by another for the conversion process. If you are working with a large PDF and/or data set, those steps may take a little while, but overall the process should be swift. Once complete, click the Free Download button.
Share your experiences with us below.