Have you ever heard of “Google Classroom” before? I suppose many haven’t heard of that. But, not any longer. In a jiffy, we shall be looking at How To Create Google Classroom Teacher Account easily. Of course, you know that in every classroom, there must be a teacher and students. So, creating a teacher account is what we will be showing you here today. Before then, what is a Google classroom? How does google classroom work? Find out below.
Google Classroom is a free web service developed by Google for schools that aim to simplify creating, distributing and grading assignments in a paperless way. The primary purpose of Google Classroom is to streamline the process of sharing files between teachers and students. That means you can run a class online without having to use the traditional classroom format.
Google Classroom combines Google Drive for assignment creation and distribution, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides for writing, Gmail for communication, and Google Calendar for scheduling. Students can be invited to join a class through a private code, or automatically imported from a school domain. Each class creates a separate folder in the respective user’s Drive, where the student can submit work to be a graded by a teacher.
Mobile apps, available for iOS and Android devices, let users take photos and attach to assignments, share files from other apps, and access information offline. Teachers can monitor the progress for each student, and after being graded, teachers can return work,along with comments.
How To Create Google Classroom Teacher Account
Here is How To Create Google Classroom Teacher Account
- Open a Web browser and go to classroom.google.com. You have to sign in with your Google Apps for Education account.
- On the Welcome screen, click the plus sign at the top and choose Create Class.
- In the Create a Class dialogue box, type in the Class Name and Section.
- Click Create.
How Does Google Classroom Work?
We have seen How To Create Google Classroom Teacher Account, let’s see how it works now. After creating your account, the next thing left is to start the classroom and add or invite students. Before then, let’s understand in full how Google Classroom works.
Once your class is created, you will see a dashboard that looks like the image above. You will see these three options: Stream, Students & About.
- Stream: This is where you manage your class assignments and make announcements to the class. You can add new assignments, with due dates and attached materials. Upcoming assignments are shown at the left. Also, just with social media services, you can send a message to your entire class — even with an attachment.
- Students: This is where you manage your students. You can invite students to your classroom from here and manage their permissions level. To invite students to your class, you have to set them up as Google Contacts in your Google Apps for Education account or they have to be in the school’s directory.
- About: This is where you can add the course title and description, add a location for the class, and add materials to your class’s Google Drive folder.
Also See: How To Create A YouTube Channel Account
How To Join Google Classroom
To join Google classroom as a student, there are two ways you can do that.
1. Join a Class on Google Classroom through invitation
To join a class by invitation, all you need to is an invitation to your Gmail account by your teacher. Your teacher sends you an invitation link to your Google email account. When you receive such mail, all you need to do is open it, find the invitation link and join the class by following thee link.
2. Join a Class on Google Classroom through your Page
You can join a class through your page by using a Google Classroom enrollment code which will be allocated to the teacher in the Class Stream. This enrollment code will be given to you by your teacher upon request. To join a class using this method, all you need to do is visit classroom.google.com.
When the page loads, find and click the + (plus) icon at the upper right corner of the page and select Join Class. You will then, provide your class enrollment code provided by your teacher and then click on join.
Note that classes on Google Classroom are managed and controlled by the teacher that create such. Teacher may decide to give certain permissions or restrictions on students enrolled in the class.
Download Google Classroom App
Google Classroom can be accessed on the web or on the app. to download the app, go to your device app store and type Google Classroom. Alternatively, you can use this link and download it immediately.
Also See: Create Outlook Email Account At A Go
Benefits Of Google Classroom
There are many benefits to using Classroom:
- • Easy to set up – Teachers can add students directly or share a code with their class to join. It takes just minutes to set up.
- • Saves time – The simple, paperless assignment workflow allows teachers to create, review and mark assignments quickly, all in one place.
- • Improves organization – Students can see all of their assignments on an assignments page, and all class materials (e.g., documents, photos, and videos) are automatically filed into folders in Google Drive.
- • Enhances communication – Classroom allows teachers to send announcements and start class discussions instantly. Students can share resources with each other or provide answers to questions on the stream.
- • Affordable and secure – Like the rest of G Suite for Education services, Classroom contains no ads, never uses your content or student data for advertising purposes, and is free.
Now you have seen the guide on How To Create Google Classroom Teacher Account, do you have any question or contribution? Use the comment box below and we shall attend to you immediately.