Do you know that you can still create Microsoft account using Gmail? Yes, it is very possible to and not necessary to have an Outlook, Live or Hotmail account in order to Create Microsoft Account. That and how you can do that is what this post is all about. We want to show you how to create Microsoft account using Gmail. Using Gmail to create Microsoft Account will provide you with the same privileges as using Outlook, Hotmail or Live.com email accounts.
So, you can easily create Windows 10 account using Gmail without any fuss at all. Windows being a Microsoft product, most people assume that an Outlook, Hotmail or other Microsoft related Email address is required to create a Microsoft Account. However, Microsoft Account can be created using just about any Email Address. All that is required to create Microsoft Account is a valid Email Address that belongs to you.
How To Create Microsoft Account Using Gmail
Here are the steps you will need to follow. You need to know that the method use in a new computer will be slightly different from the steps used in an already existing computer/laptop/PC.
Create Microsoft Account Using Gmail On New Computer
To create Windows 10 account using Gmail on a new computer, you need to do that during the setup process of your new computer and also while re-installing Windows 10 on an existing computer (after deleting all data). In this case, here are the steps to follow below.
- Press the power button to start your computer.
- Simply follow the onscreen instructions to setup your computer, until you arrive at “Sign in with Microsoft” screen.
- Then, enter your Gmail address and click on Create Account link.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter a password. Enter your Password(different from your Gmail Account password) and press the Enter Key on the keyboard of your computer.
- Follow the next set of instructions to complete the setup of your Windows 10 computer.
- Once your computer is setup, you will be able to login to the computer and make purchases on Windows store using your Gmail Account.
Create Microsoft Account Using Gmail on an Existing Computer
If you have been using the computer, then here is your guideline to use.
- Open Settings and click on the Accounts icon.
- On the Accounts screen, click on Sign in With Microsoft Account Instead Link.
- On the next screen, click on Create one! link(Leave the Email field blank)
- On the next screen, enter your Gmail Address, create an 8-digit password (Not your Gmail Password), type your Country and click on the Next button. Important: Do not click on “Get a new email address” link, as it will make you sign-up for a new outlook.com email address.
- On the next screen, check or uncheck options that are relevant to you and click on Next button.
- On the next screen, enter your Old User Account Passwordto verify yourself (one last time) and click on Next. In some cases, you may be prompted to verify your Gmail Address by entering a verification code (See image below).
- On the “Set up a PIN” screen, click on Skip this step and this will complete the process of creating Microsoft Account using Gmail.
- After this, you will be able to sign-in to your computer and download Apps from Windows store using your Gmail Account.
Let’s have your questions and comments flowing.