Having duplicate files on your device can actually affect the performance of your android phone. It can occupy memory spaces. It often heats up the phone. It can also slow down the speed of the phone. In this guide, we will show you how to delete duplicate files on Android phones. It is very easy and straightforward.
There are different apps you have to use to delete duplicate files on Android phones. So, we will just select a few and show you. So, let’s see how you can delete duplicate files on Android phones.
Page Table of Contents
How To Delete Duplicate Files On Android Phones
Below are some of the files to use.
Step 1: Download Duplicate Media Remover
- Go on your Google play and then search for Duplicate Media Remover.
- Get it installed into your phone and open the app.
- Then, allow it to scan your phone.
- Now when the scan gets completed, you can see all the duplicate files scanned out there. Now you need to click on “Show Duplicates.”
- There you can see all your duplicate media files listed
- Then, select your duplicate file to delete it.
Step 2: Download Duplicate Files Fixer
This is another app you can use to delete duplicate files on your phone. All you need to do is
- Download and install Duplicate Files Fixer on your Android device and open the app.
- Now you will see the “Get Started” screen you need to tap on “Let’s Go.”
- Now you need to grant the permission for the Audio, Video, Pictures, and Document files simply tap on “Got It” to continue.
- You will see a screen. Just, select the “Full Scan” and tap on “Scan Now” to continue.
- Now you will see all the duplicate files on your Android device. Simply tap on Delete and grant the permission and the duplicate files will be deleted.
Step 3: Using Search Duplicate File
Another app you can use to delete duplicate files is the Search Duplicate File. Let’s see how to use them and do your work.
- First of all, download and install Search Duplicate File on your Android smartphone
- Now you will see the screen like below, here you need to tap on the search button to start scanning
- Now, wait for few seconds until the app finishes the scanning process.
- After the scan part completes, it will show you all the duplicate files.
- Tap on the three dotted button located just below the duplicate files and then from there select “Delete”.
Step 4: Remo Duplicate Photos Remover
The last app we will show you is the Remo Duplicate Photos Remover. It is another interesting app which you can use to remove duplicate photos stored on your Android smartphone. The great thing about Remo Duplicate Photos Remover is it’s completely free to use and it can effectively scan and remove duplicate photos. Here is how to go about it.
- First of all, download Remo Duplicate Photos Remover on your Android smartphone from the Google Play Store.
- After installing the app, simply tap on the screen.
- Once you tap on the screen, tap on the ‘Scan’ button to start the scanning process.
- Now, wait until the app scans for the duplicate files.
- Once scanned, the app will show you all the duplicate files which you can remove.
- Now just select the files which you want to delete and then tap on the ‘Delete’ button.
- That’s it, you are done! This is how you can detect and delete duplicate files from Android by using Remo Duplicate photos remover.
We have shown you the 4 different apps you can use to delete duplicate documents and files on your phone. You can use any of these ad carry out this function. If you have any challenge, use the comment box and we shall attend to you.