The Delta state bursary online registration is easy to do. But before we look into that, let’s look at the background of the bursary application. The Delta state Bursary Award Programme is officially called Students Special Assistance Scheme (SSAS). It was introduced and approved in 2004 by the State Government to replace the popular bursary regime. The purpose of this modification is to further redirect the focus of the students and infect seriousness into the students to work hard to merit this award as this scheme is only due to students with (GPA 2.2 and above).
This scheme is for students already in any recognized public and higher institution/Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education that are on regular programme. Yearly, the portal is open for students to apply for assistance using this platform. This is why we have decided to bring you guide on the Delta State Bursary Online Registration, Requirements And Payment Procedures.
Delta State Bursary Online Registration, Requirements And Payment Procedures
The Delta state bursary online registration operates in two forms: Bursary application and scholarship application. The scholarship application is for those who wish to study abroad. The requirements for each are different.
Requirements For Bursary Application
- Be of Delta State Origin;
- All applicant above 18 years of age MUST have registered with National Identification Management Commission (NIMC);
- All applicant below 18 years of age MUST submit JAMB registration number;
- Be a Registered full time student only of any Public Tertiary Institutions;
- (Diploma, Masters and PhD Students are not eligible);
- Either be in Second year or above (200 to 500 level) in the Universities or
- Be in ND II, HND I and HND II in the Polytechnics / Monotechnics;
- Be in 200 level and above for all Higher Institution.
- Only approved public and private owned schools (University, Polytechnics and College of Educations) are Eligible to apply.
Have a CGPA of 2.20 and above in the previous academic year’s examination. For bursary registration, visit http://dsbsb.dl.gov.ng/bursary/registration.
Requirements For Scholarship Application
- Be of Delta State Origin;
- All applicant MUST have registered with National Identification Management Commission (NIMC);
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- Meet the University’s English language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS or equivalent TOEFL score valid for current year admission) Oversea/External Scholarship Only;
- You must currently reside in Nigeria;
- Proof that you must return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study;
- Must have a valid Nigerian passport;
Be a Registered full time Student only of any Public and Private Tertiary Institutions. To apply for the scholarship offer, visit http://dsbsb.dl.gov.ng/scholarship/registration.
How To Apply
- Applicants are to fill the Fresh Application Form and submit online.
- Online processing fee of N800 will charged using debit cards.
- Once the Payment is successful, Login to your profile page to complete your details by providing your Bank details and your Academics details.
- Download and Print your Online Acknowledgement Card after successful payment for verification, It is extremely important that you retain your Acknowlegement Card after sending scan copy to: email@example.com
- Multiple application will be disqualify. Do you NOT apply more than once.
- Approved Public and Private Owned Schools (University, Polytechnics and College of Educations) are Eligible to apply.
Please Note that the application portal opens up yearly. So, you have to keep checking the official website (http://dsbsb.dl.gov.ng) for when it comes up.
Note: Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for any application problems, issues, and enquiries.
Approved Public & Private Schools
For you to apply for the Delta state bursary, you must be a full-time student of the following schools.
- To check for the public schools: http://dsbsb.dl.gov.ng/public-schools
- To Check for the list of all approved private schools: http://dsbsb.dl.gov.ng/private-schools.
If you have any question regarding the Delta State Bursary Online Registration, Requirements And Payment Procedures, kindly use the comment box below and we shall attend to you.
Remember, sharing is caring!