How To Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates – One challenge most people have when it comes to Windows 10 is the issue of automatic updates. Of course, it is usually annoying when you are using your data and your PC apps install on its own without permission or notice. I am certain that given a chance, you will want to know how to disable Windows 10 automatic uploads permanently.
No one denies the importance of having your PC up to date. However, when it happens clandestinely – secretly- it makes no one happy. So, this guide will put you in control and shows you the ways you can adopt to make a huge difference.
Have you had instances when you wanted to shut down your system or even to restart it and you are prompted to updates? Then, you will need this guide so you can learn how to disable windows 10 automatic updates. Are you set to go? Let’s guide you.
How To Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates Permanently
There are 3 major ways you can use to disable this. Let’s look at them below.
1. Through Windows Update Service
Please note that using this method will only disable temporarily and the automatic updates will start up after sometime. Here’s your guideline.
- Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type services.msc and press Enter.
- Scroll down to Windows Update, and double-click it.
- In Startup type, select Disabled. Then click Apply and OK to save the settings.
2. Using The Group Policy Editor
The group policy editor will notify you of new updates without automatically installing them.
- Press the Windows logo key + R then type gpedit.msc and click OK.
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.
- Double-click Configure Automatic Updates.
- Select Disabled in Configured Automatic Updates on the left, and click Apply and OK to disable the Windows automatic update feature.
3. Meter Your Network Connection
This method works if you are connected using the Wi-Fi. Here is your guide.
- Click the Start button at the bottom left on your desktop, then click the Settingsapp.
- Click Network & Internet.
- Next, click WiF in the left pane, then click the name of your Wi-Fi connection.
- Click on “Advanced Options”
- Click to turn on Set as metered connection.
Now you have seen the easy steps that is involved in disabling windows 10 auto updates. Do you have any question? Use the comment box below and we shall attend to you immediately.