As a Skype user, you can share a story, celebrate a birthday, learn a language, hold a meeting, work with colleagues. It allows you to do any just about anything you need to do together every day. You can use Skype on whatever works best for you – on your phone or computer or a TV with Skype on it. It is free to start using Skype – to speak, see and instant message other people on Skype for example. You can even try out group video, with the latest version of Skype.
With skype, you can connet with friends on facebook, hotmail, yahoo, google mail, google+, and many others. You can download skype app in your PC (computer) and Mini computer, Tablet and all other types of mobile phones.
If you pay a little, you can do more things, in more ways, with more people – like call phones, access WiFi or send texts. You can pay as you go or buy a subscription. And in the world of business, this means you can bring your entire ecosystem of workers, partners and customers together to get things done.
Here’s just a few of the great things you can do with Skype:
- Free Skype to Skype calls.
- Low cost calls and text messages to mobiles and landlines.
- Video call on Skype and Facebook.
- Free instant messages to your friends, family and colleagues.
Requirement to download skype Application;
- All you need to get started is Windows XP or Vista or 7,
- a webcam for video calls and
- a microphone
Skype for Windows desktop
- PC running Windows® XP, Vista or 7, both 32- and 64-bit operating systems.
- Internet connection – broadband is best (GPRS is not supported for voice calls).
- Speakers and microphone – built-in or separate.
- For voice calls we recommend a broadband connection with 100 kbps down / 100 kbps up.
- For group video calling everyone on the call needs Skype 5.0 for Windows or Mac or higher plus webcams, and at least one person on the call needs to have a Skype Premium subscription. For best quality we recommend you use a high-speed broadband connection of 4Mbps down / 512kbps up and a computer with a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz processor. As a minimum you’ll need a high-speed broad connection of 512kbps down / 128kbps up and a computer with a 1 GHz processor.