As a Commissioner of health of a State after being sworn into the office he or she is expected to promote improvement in quality of health in the state through providing independent evaluation of standards of health services given by National Health Service (NHS), voluntary and the private health care organizations.
The commissioners also have duties of coordinating organizations which inspect and regulate health bodies in its state and also give positive contribution concerning health development in its country.
Other Roles A Commissioner of Health in a State plays
- Assessing the management and provision of the NHS healthcare as well as public health services.
- Identifies and analyse health policy concerns and alternatives. Uses principles of media promotion to communicate the mission of public health to the stakeholders. Guides organisation and community partners in seeking policy change on the public health issues. Translates policy decisions to community and organisational programs and services.
- Examining serious setbacks in the healthcare services.
- Promoting the harmonization of reviews as well as assessments performed by the healthcare commission and other organisations.
- Checking the performances of NHS trust and award performance rating to every trust.
- Marketing and social forecasting. Identifies emerging trends in the public health and offers information, examination and interpretation to the stakeholders.
- Issuing information that concerns the state of healthcare in the country.
- Independently examining the complaints of patients about the NHS services which the trusts have not resolved.
- Controlling the private healthcare sector through, assessment, registration, monitoring complaints and other enforcement activities.
- Serves as useful change agent. Facilitates the application of system thinking, build and executes performance measurement as well as evaluation plans, aids strategic and tactical planning and assessment, facilitates the empowerment of staff as well as other community partners to take stern action. Come up with fresh ideas and methods to solve public health issues.
- Creates a sense of mission. Try to articulate and model professional ethics and values. Facilitates organisational mission reassessment and development. Create policies and processes which translate vision and mission to action.
- Mobilizes support among the policy makers as well as public for policy changes that will improve health.
Different Between The Minister of a Country and The Commission in a State
|Appointed Ministers of a Country||Appointed Commissioners of a State|
|Ministers are been appointed by President of the Country||Commissioners are appointed be Governors|
|Ministers have the ability to release new policy which the commissioners will carry out in their various states||If the Commissioner establish new policy, it can only be carried out in that state|
|Salary and allocation of the Ministers comes from federal Government||While that of commissioner comes from state|
In conclusion, A Minister reports to the president while the Commissioner report back to Governor of the state.