Before now, one of the things that were dreaded was going to apply for BVN. For those of us who got our Bank Verification Number during the time it was mandatory, it wasn’t an easy process. We had to queue for hours before it got to our turn. However, things have changed. Now, for you to link BVN to your bank accounts is quite easy. You can even do that without going to the bank. Who would have believed this? Well, it is happening now.
If you have ever applied and gotten a BVN before, you don’t need to open another one. all you need to do is to link BVN to your bank accounts for whatever transaction you want to do. So, if you were thinking you would have to visit the bank before you do that, then, you don’t have to. We will show you how you can do that even from your home.
How To Link BVN To Your Bank Accounts
To link your BVN to your other accounts in different banks from your home, you will need to use this code *565*2#. Let’s show you how.
- Dial *565*2# using the phone number you used during your BVN registration.
- After dialing you will receive a prompt with a list of banks
- Select a bank you want to link your BVN and reply with the number put beside the bank number.
- Enter your bank account number
- Note that this service attracts a service charge.
Some banks however created some dedicated codes you can use to link your BVN without using the codes we used above. We will show you how you can do this.
How to Link Your BVN with Dedicated Codes
- Link your GTBANK, Simply dial *737*20*BVN#
- To update your BVN with Fidelity Bank, simply dial *770*02#
- To update your BVN with Zenith Bank, simply dial *966*BVN#
How To Check Your BVN Without Internet
Have you been struggling to know your BVN, see how you can check your BVN on your phone without internet. You can do this on the various networks we have here.
- MTN: Dial *565*0#
- Airtel: Dial *565*0#
- 9mobile (Etisalat): Dial *565*0#
- Glo: Dial *565*0#
Please ensure you use the phone numbers used in your bank account. If not, it won’t be successful.