Easiest Way To Create Online Course With LearnDash
Do you know you can create online course with LearnDash easily? In this work, we will give you step by step analysis on how you can carry this out without any issue. LearnDash is the best LMS plugin for WordPress. It is an all-in-one solution with complete course management, lesson plans, quizzes, assignments, course progression, and more. If you are serious with knowing how to use LearnDash and create online courses, then you need to take this very serious. We will guide you.
Online courses are one of the very best ways to make money online in the world. As you know, online learning is becoming more and more popular. More people are taking advantage of the benefits to create more courses. Online courses come with numerous advantages for both the user and the course creator. So, let us guide you on how you can easily create online course with LearnDash.
- Your WordPress website
- LearnDash LMS Plugin installed in your WordPress site.
- Payment system (most advisedly, Paypal, unless your courses have a very specific user location then you can use any of these e-payment gateways here).
Learn How To Create Online Course With LearnDash
If you want to create online course with LearnDash, here are your guidelines below.
- First, you need to visit LearnDash LMS » Courses page and then click on the ‘Add New’ button.
- This will bring you to the ‘Add New Course’ screen. You will need to start by providing a title for your course and then adding a detailed description. You can also add course categories / tags, and a featured image also known as course thumbnail.
- Below the course description, you will see the course options box. This is where you can set different options for the course including course price and what type of course it is: open, free, closed, buy now, or recurring.
- Once you are satisfied with your course options, you can click on the save or publish button to make your course publicly available.
Also See: How To Create Udemy Online Course From The Scratch
Adding Lessons to Your Course
Now that you have created your first course. It’s time to add lessons to the course. LearnDash allows you to create highly interactive lessons and then add them to your online course.
- You can add a lesson by visiting LearnDash LMS » Lessons page and then click on the ‘Add New’ button at the top.
- First you need to provide a title for your lesson and then start adding lesson content. You can add text, images, embed videos, and more.
- Below the lesson editor box, you will find lesson options. Here you can add the lesson to a course by selecting the course you created earlier from ‘Associated Course’ drop down box.
- You can also choose whether this lesson requires submission of assignments, lesson timer, lesson progression, and more.
- Once you are satisfied with the lesson, you can click on the publish button to save your lesson.
- You can also break down an individual lesson into topics. Simply go to LearnDash LMS » Topics page and click on the ‘Add New’ button to add a topic.
- Creating a topic is similar to creating a lesson. Instead of associating it to a course, you will just need to associate it to a lesson.
Also See: How To Create Teachable.com Online Course – www.teachable.com
Adding Quizzes and Assignments to Your Online Course
LearnDash comes fully equipped with dynamic quizzes and assignments. This allows you to make your online course a dynamic and engaging experience for your students. You can make the quizzes and assignments required for your users before they can progress to the next lesson or course. You can also review assignments and give feedback to students.
Creating Quizzes in LearnDash
To add a quiz,
- You need to visit LearnDash » Quizzes page and click on the Add New button.
- First you will need to provide a title and description for your quiz.
- After that you need to scroll down to ‘Quiz’ box and associate your quiz to a course, lesson, or topic.
- The default quiz settings would work for most cases, but you can customize the settings as needed from the advanced quiz settings area.
- Once you are done, click on the save or publish button to save your quiz. You will now notice the new option to add questions to your quiz.
- You need to switch to the ‘Questions’ tab and then click on ‘Add Question’ button.
- This will bring you to the ‘Add new question’ screen. LearnDash allows you to create different type of questions (multiple choice, true or false, fill in the blank, essay, free choice, etc).
- You can add multiple answers for your question, add the correct answer, choose message to display for correct or incorrect answers, and more.
- Don’t forget to click on the save button before you move onto the next section.
- Depending on your settings, your quiz would appear on your lesson, topic, or the course page.
Also See: Download LinkedIn Learning App – Learn Latest Courses Online
Enable Assignments in LearnDash
- You can easily add assignments by editing a lesson and going to the lesson options area.
- You need to check the box next to upload assignment option.
- After that, you can provide the assignment instructions in your lesson. At the end of the lesson, users will see an option to upload their assignment.
- Once users have uploaded their assignments, you can view them by visiting LearnDash LMS » Assignments page.
- Here you can edit assignments, approve, or give comments on submitted assignments.
Also See: Best Online Learning Platforms – Top eLearning Platforms
Giving Certificates on Course Completion
LearnDash allows you to automatically give certificates upon completion of a course. However, creating a certificate in LearnDash requires some basic knowledge of HTML.
- First, you will need a certificate image file. This is basically the background image you want to use for your certificates. You can find certificate templates on free image creating websites like Canva. Once you find a template you like, simply delete all text from it and download it to your computer.
- Next, you need to visit LearnDash LMS » Certificates page and click on the ‘Add New’ button.
- On the add new certificate screen, you need to set the certificate background image as featured image and click on the save button to reload the page.
- You will now see your certificate template in the background of the visual editor. You can start adding text you want to be displayed on the certificate.
- To insert user’s name in the certificate, click on the LearnDash icon in the editor to insert the username shortcode.
- Once you are satisfied with the certificate, you need to publish it.
- Next, you need to edit the quiz you added to your course lesson. In the Quiz options box, you need to associate your certificate to the completion of the quiz.
- You can now save your quiz settings.
- Users who complete the course and pass the quiz will see the option to print their certificate.
Have you seen how easy it is to create online course? You can now use this guide and Create Online Course With LearnDash easily. Comments and questions? Ask below.