Easiest Way To Change Your Facebook Name
Do you know it is possible for you to change your Facebook name? Well, it is. A lot of people, when they opened a Facebook account, used some funky and funny names. But with time, they start to realise the importance of having their real name on Facebook. Most people are not aware that Facebook names can be changed. As a result, they go ahead to open new accounts rather than change their names.
You don’t have to do that yourself. You can easily change your Facebook name either on the Facebook app or on the web using your PC. Whichever platform you would want to use, we will show you all the guidelines you will need to do so. Are you set? We are.
How To Change Facebook Name
Here is the guide on how you can easily change your Facebook name.
Also See: Facebook Selling Tips | How To Make Sales On Facebook
1. On Mobile
- Open your Facebook app.
- If you aren’t logged into Facebook, enter your email address (or phone number) and password to continue.
- Tap ☰. It’s in either the bottom-right corner of the screen (iPhone) or the top-right corner of the screen (Android).
- Scroll down and tap Settings. It’s near the bottom of the page. Skip this step on Android.
- Tap Account Settings. This option will take you to your Account Settings page.
- Tap General. It’s the top option on this page.’
- Tap your name. You should see the space for name opened up. Also, you will be informed that “you won’t be able to change your name in the next 60 days”.
- Edit your name. Tap the First Name, Middle Name, or Last Name field, type in your preferred name, and repeat for the other fields as necessary.
- Tap Review Change. It’s a blue button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a display option. Facebook will display variations of your name at the top of the screen; tap an option to select it as your name’s appearance.
- Enter your password, then tap Save Changes. You’ll enter your password in the text field above the Save Changes button. Doing so will change your Facebook name.
Also See: How To Unsend Facebook Messages On Messenger
2. On The Web
- Go to Facebook’s website. Go to https://www.facebook.com in your preferred browser. This will load your News Feed if you’re already logged into Facebook. If you aren’t already logged into Facebook, enter your email address (or phone number) and password before continuing.
- Click . This icon is in the upper-right side of the Facebook page. Doing so prompts a drop-down menu.
- Click Settings. It’s near the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click the General tab. This option is in the upper-left side of the page.
- Click your name. It’s at the top of the General page.
- Edit your name. Replace the name(s) in the First, Middle, and/or Last fields with your preferred name(s).
- Click Review Change. This blue button is below the name section. Clicking it brings up a pop-up menu.
- Select a display option. Facebook will display variations of your name at the top of the page; click an option to select it as your name’s appearance.
- Enter your password, then click Save Changes. You’ll enter your password in the text field above the Save Changes button. Doing so will change your Facebook name.
Also See: How To Grow Facebook Group Members For Beginners
How often can you change a Facebook name?
You can only change your name every 60 days. This is to stop people becoming too hard to find or keep track of. So think carefully before you change your name. If you’re not happy with it, you’ll be stuck with it for the next two months!
Got questions? Drop them here!