EBSU 2015 Pre-Degree Form – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Pre-Degree programme of Ebonyi State University for the 2014/2015 session.
SCOPE OF THE SCHOOL PROGRAMME
Page Table of Contents
EBSU 2015 Pre-Degree Form Benefits :
The Pre-Degree School prepares candidates for the following examinations:
- Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Examination (JAMB/UTME)
- EBSU Pre-Degree internal examination (which qualifies successful candidates with national minimum UTME score for consideration for into EBSU main degree programmes).
- Serves as a remedial programme for candidates preparing for O’Level examinations but is not a substitute to O’Level requirements for main course admission.
- Offers participants intensive training in Basic Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
OTHER ADMISSION BENEFITS
Successful Pre-Degree candidates are meant to benefit specially from the JAMB admission quota reserved for prelim candidates. Please note that successful candidates from the Pre-Degree Programme are expected to also obtain the minimum UTME score through JAMB/UTME and have to choose Ebonyi State University as their first choice university to qualify for merit admission consideration.
MAIN UNIVERSITY PROGRAMMES WHERE SUCCESSFUL PRE-DEGREE GRADUATES CAN BE ADMITTED.
Successful 2014/2015 pre-degree candidates shall be considered for main course admission of EBSU for the 2015/2016 academic session under the following programmes:
|1||Agriculture and Natural Resources Management (FARM)||1. Agric Economics, Management & Extension
2. Food Science & Technology
3. Crop & Landscape Management
4. Soil & Environmental Management
5. Animal Science, Fishery & Aquaculture
(a) Animal Science
(b) Fishery & Aquaculture
|2||Education (FEDU)||1. Arts & Social Science Education
(a) Economics Education
(b) Social Studies Education
(c) English Education
(d) Religion Education
(e) Igbo Education
|2. Science & Computer Education
(a) Physics Education
(b) Chemistry Education
(c) Computer Science Education
(d) Biology Education
(e) Mathematics Education
(f) Integrated Science Education
|3. Business Education
(a) Accountancy Education
(b) Secretarial Studies Education
|4. Educational Foundations
(a) Administration & Planning
(b) Guidance & Counselling
|5. Human Kinetics & Health Education
(a) Human Kinetics Education
(b) Health Education
|6. Technology & Vocational Education
(a) Electrical/Electronics Technology Education
(b) Mechanical Technology Education
(c) Building Technology Education
(d) Woodwork Technology Education
(e) Agriculture and Vocational Education
(f) Home Economics
|3||Management Sciences (FMS)||1. Public Administration
2. Bus. Mgt. Marketing & Entrepreneurial Studies
(a) Business Management
(c) Entrepreneurial Studies (No Admission till after accreditation)
|3. Accountancy and Banking & Finance
(b) Banking & Finance
|4||Social Sciences and Humanities (FSSH)||1. Economics
2. History & International Relations
3. Political Science
4. Psychology & Sociological Studies
(b) Sociology & Anthropology
|5. Languages & Communication Studies
(a) Mass Communication (No Admission till after accreditation)
(b) English Lang. & Lit. (No Admission till after accreditation)
(c) Lang. & Linguistics (No Admission till after accreditation)
(d) French and Igbo options available
|6. Philosophy & Religion
(a) Philosophy (No Admission till after accreditation)
(b) Religion (No Admission till after accreditation)
|5||Medicine (FM)||1. Medicine and Surgery
|6||Health Sciences and Technology (FHST)||1. Medical Laboratory Sciences
2. Nursing Sciences
|7||Law (FLAW)||1. Civil Law|
|8||Natural & Applied Sciences (FANS)||1. Applied Biology
2. Biochemistry, Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology
(a) Biochemistry (No Admission till after accreditation)
(b) Applied Microbiology
|3. Industrial Physics
4. Geology & Exploration
5. Computer Science
6. Industry Chemistry (No Admission till after accreditation)
7. Industrial Mathematics/Applied Statistics (No Admission till after accreditation)
To be eligible for admission, a candidate must have five (5) credits in GCE O’Level, NECO or SSCE at not more than two sittings.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME:
The programme is designed for one academic year which shall last for a minimum of ten (10) calendar months.
How to Purchase the EBSU 2015 Pre-Degree Form:
- Application forms are obtainable online (here), but before proceeding registration online, interested candidates are to come down to EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY (CAS Campus) at Diamond Bank Plc, Abakaliki, CAS Annex (Branch) to purchase the EBSU Pre-Degree Scratch Card.
For those who might be unable to come down and purchase the the EBSU Pre-Degree Scratch Card can also get it here by paying Six Thousand Two Hundred Naira (N6,200 Only). Pay into any of the account listed below:
Bank: First Bank plc
Account NO: 3066151282
Account Name: NWABUZOR CHUKWUEMEKA
Very candidates who paid are to send the following details to 08032934651 or 08054094792: Candidate’s Full Name, State of Origin, Date of Birth and Age, Phone Number, Parent Names and address, and Teller number.
After all this is send to Us, the EBSU Pre-Degree Scratch Card PIN and Serial number will be sent to you via SMS.
Note: We shall also be with the card till you come for the programme. So call us in case you still need your EBSU Pre-Degree Scratch Card.
2. With the scratch cards, prospective candidates should access and complete the application form at www.ebsu-edu.net.
Note: When you get the PIN and Serial Number of the Card, you can do the registration in your area. Its easy. But if you can’t, then also let us know about that. We are only doing this to avoid you wasting time coming only just to purchase the card and still go back till 28th November, 2014 when lecture starts.
COMMENCEMENT AND CLOSING DATES:
Sale of admission scratch cards starts on 1st September, 2014 and ends on 26th November, 2014 while lectures will commence on 28th November, 2014.
Share this information to others. that the EBSU 2015 Pre-Degree Form now available here