It was suspense and drama as the Europa League Round Of 32 Draw | Pogba Meets Pogba was released by UEFA. The road to the 2017 Finals gets intensified from this stage. The Final will be at The Friends Arena in Solna, Sweden. During the draw there was draw of the Pogbas. The football world eagerly awaits to see the outcome of this fixture.
From the draw, Manchester United is paired against St. Etienne of France. St. Etienne is the club of Florentin Pogba, Paul Pogba’s elder brother. Manchester United’s tie with Saint-Etienne will see Paul Pogba face his older brother Florentin, 26. This will provoke mixed feelings as brothers would go to war, forgetting about blood and going for the gong. Tottenham Hotspur was also drawn against Gent of Belgium while Villarreal squares up against Roma.
Page Table of Contents
Europa League Round Of 32 Draw | Pogba Meets Pogba
Round of 32 Draw In Full
Athletic Club (ESP) v APOEL (CYP)
Legia Warszawa (POL)* v Ajax (NED)
Anderlecht (BEL) v Zenit (RUS)
Astra Giurgiu (ROU) v Genk (BEL)
Manchester United (ENG) v St-Étienne (FRA)
Villarreal (ESP) v Roma (ITA)
Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL)* v København (DEN)*
Celta Vigo (ESP) v Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Olympiacos (GRE) v Osmanlıspor (TUR)
Gent (BEL) v Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)*
Rostov (RUS)* v Sparta Praha (CZE)
Krasnodar (RUS) v Fenerbahçe (TUR)
Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER)* v Fiorentina (ITA)
AZ Alkmaar (NED) v Lyon (FRA)*
Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR) v Beşiktaş (TUR)*
PAOK (GRE) v Schalke (GER)
Europa League Stats
- Manchester United have lost just one of their last 16 matches against French opposition, winning nine and drawing six
- United’s former Paris St-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored 14 goals in 13 games against St Etienne – his favourite opponent in all competitions
- Tottenham have played Belgian opponents eight times in Europe – remaining unbeaten at home (W3 D1) but winless away (D2 L2)
- A new Europa League winner will be crowned for the first time since 2013 after Sevilla, triumphant in each of the past three seasons, progressed to the Champions League last 16
- French side Lyon are unbeaten in their last six European meetings with Dutch teams, winning two and drawing four
- German team Schalke have won five out of six European games against Greek sides, drawing the other
- In their previous seven meetings with Italian sides, German team Borussia Monchengladbach have drawn five (winning one and losing one)
- United v St-Étienne means a round of 32 meeting for brothers Paul and Florentin Pogba; United beat Les Verts 3-1 on aggregate in the first round of the 1977/78 European Cup Winners’ Cup. They will not be the first brothers to meet in a UEFA club competition game.
- Ajax flattened Legia 4-0 on aggregate in the 2014/15 round of 32.
- Anderlecht and Zenit have met four times: one win for the Belgian side and three for the Russians.
- Celta overcame Shakhtar 1-0 over two legs in the 2000/01 UEFA Cup third round.
- Villarreal knocked Roma out of the 2003/04 UEFA Cup fourth round, following up a 2-0 home victory with a 2-1 defeat in Rome.
- Schalke eliminated PAOK in the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League play-offs, a late goal in Thessaloniki securing a 3-2 victory after a 1-1 draw in Gelsenkirchen.
- Sevilla’s three-year reign as holders is over after they reached the UEFA Champions League round of 16.
- Shakhtar were the only side to win all six group stage games this season, and with 21 goals, outscored nearest rivals Zenit by four goals.
- The leading marksmen in the 2016/17 competition so far are Zenit’s Giuliano and Athletic’s Aritz Aduriz with six each. Aduriz was also top scorer in last term’s competition with ten goals.
Note: All first legs on 16 February
All second legs on 23 February except St-Étienne v Manchester United and Fenerbahçe v Krasnodar on 22 February. Europa League Round Of 32 Draw | Pogba Meets Pogba, keep following us and we shall keep you updated.